FM19 " You can't make a contract offer for this person, ... has already accepted a contract offer "

Hi,

I have some problem with my gameplay in Football Manager 2019.

I've tried to sign Ryan Giggs as my B-team head coach in the 2022 season and have already sacked the previous one already. Everything with the negotiation seemed to be alright as we agreed, I noticed that he got stuck by no reason and the previous head coach still on my staff list (with red as in the picture2). So I tried to check in and got this message " You can't make a contract offer for this person, Ryan Giggs has already accepted a contract offer " (picture3), so I can't do a new signing offer for him nor even if I tried to sign another head coach, that message stll appearing on his window screen. It seems lke I will never make a contact with him again forever.

Best,

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (27).png

I got caught out by this once.

Firstly, if you mutual terminate your current coach, wait for the first note about it in your inbox, and then the confirmation note in your inbox, which may come a day later, to confirm that he has indeed left.  Once those have happened then signing a new one should be no prob. Maybe you didn't pass through those gates first before going in for Giggs?

In regards to this twilight zone you are now in (Giggs has accepted your contract, but cannot sign because there isn't an open slot on your staff for him) I simply waited 3 months and then circled back and made another offer. Maybe for a manager you don't want to do that, but for me it was only a coach so no biggie.

34 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

I got caught out by this once.

Firstly, if you mutual terminate your current coach, wait for the first note about it in your inbox, and then the confirmation note in your inbox, which may come a day later, to confirm that he has indeed left.  Once those have happened then signing a new one should be no prob. Maybe you didn't pass through those gates first before going in for Giggs?

In regards to this twilight zone you are now in (Giggs has accepted your contract, but cannot sign because there isn't an open slot on your staff for him) I simply waited 3 months and then circled back and made another offer. Maybe for a manager you don't want to do that, but for me it was only a coach so no biggie.

Hi CaptCanuck,

Yes I have tried to wait for a season but nothing seems to be changed.

I'm not sure since when I made an offer to him as my previous save file was overwritten but I have made an offer for him in 2022 which meaned (from my pic) it is surely more than 8 months right now.

Edited by ihatebroccoli

20 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Oh wow! OK, ya that's really unfortunate then. Hopefully an expert will be along with some advice. That's a long time to be stuck in limbo!

So now I assumed it might be bugs or something happenning and its might no way to return.

I'm just thinking Is it possible that I can transfer all of RYAN GIGGS information into some other Manager (overwrite) so that I can bring him back in the game and then make an offer?

On 01/06/2020 at 17:53, Neotropolis said:

If you have the in-game editor, can't you just move him to be your B-Team as the manager?

Hi, sorry but I don't know the 'in-game editor'. Can you please tell me step-by-step how to do it?