Reducing/Limiting the Game FPS

I've been poking around in the settings, can't seemingly find anything that will let me do this. During highlights it will frequently ramp up and sit anywhere around the 144 mark which is where my monitor caps out its refresh rate. It sits on the same FPS during menus and processing screens too although this has a far less noticeable draw on the GPU.

f2c22b64119d3a06621eea3003fcaec0.png

2eb78c09f17b946fb1c663d480e6105c.png

It just seems unnecessary though, and it really ramps up the GPU usage from ~6-8% on menus to 80%+ in matches. 

The only way I've found to limit it so far is to just drop the refresh rate on my monitor, and that's way more of an effort than its worth and results in sometimes bewildering moments in other games where I'm wondering why it suddenly won't go above 60 FPS until I remember.

• SI Staff

Afraid not we just use v-sync which will match the frame rate with your display rate. Tbh normally we get the other complaint that people want it to go higher or that its not meeting the v-sync.

Fair enough. Broadly speaking I can understand that argument, but it seems overkill for FM. Well if it helps for other players I suppose they just need better hardware? Although I'm running an R9 390 which is ancient by modern standards.