Re promotions and Dan BHTFC'S mod

sourgrapes11

So I recently made the lockdown purchase of FM20, and got stuck in straight away to Dan BHTFC's lower leagues mod. I'm currently managing AFC Varndeanians, who play in the Southern Combination Leagues. Crucially, they have a second team, AFC Varndeanians II, who play in the Mid Sussex leagues a few promotions behind the first team. I have been managing the first team, while attempting get the reserve team, who I don't manage but do sign the players for, promoted as high up the football league pyramid as possible (ideally all the way to the Championship). Essentially a LLM and DoF career combined into one save.

However I hit a snag in my second season - the Mid Sussex Championship won't allow second teams to be promoted. My question is, how can I remove this restriction? In particular I'm paging Dan BHTFC as he's the person who created the leagues, but anyone who knows how to remove this restriction would be appreciated. I've never done anything more than surface-level editing before, editing league rules is quite intimidating.

4 minutes ago, sourgrapes11 said:

So I recently made the lockdown purchase of FM20, and got stuck in straight away to Dan BHTFC's lower leagues mod. I'm currently managing AFC Varndeanians, who play in the Southern Combination Leagues. Crucially, they have a second team, AFC Varndeanians II, who play in the Mid Sussex leagues a few promotions behind the first team. I have been managing the first team, while attempting get the reserve team, who I don't manage but do sign the players for, promoted as high up the football league pyramid as possible (ideally all the way to the Championship). Essentially a LLM and DoF career combined into one save.

However I hit a snag in my second season - the Mid Sussex Championship won't allow second teams to be promoted. My question is, how can I remove this restriction? In particular I'm paging Dan BHTFC as he's the person who created the leagues, but anyone who knows how to remove this restriction would be appreciated. I've never done anything more than surface-level editing before, editing league rules is quite intimidating.

Check for "b/reserve team cannot be promoted" settings

Screenshot_68.thumb.png.a51c0e3094a3218ab79ea38a95ee22fc.png

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

@sourgrapes11 if you want to grab someones attention, use @<username> (you will see the user appear as well). That way a user will get a notice someone mentioned him

Thanks @<Wolf_pd> that's a useful tip.

edit: didn't work, not sure why

Edited by sourgrapes11

28 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

check under nation rules section - not database

I think I've got it, thanks! I'll post again if it doesn't work, but i've found the  "b/reserve team cannot be promoted" box and unticked it for all the relevant divisions.

5 minutes ago, sourgrapes11 said:

I think I've got it, thanks! I'll post again if it doesn't work, but i've found the  "b/reserve team cannot be promoted" box and unticked it for all the relevant divisions.

:thup: