How do you play the game? Unemployed, no badges and masked attributes?

I have not played the game for about 6 years as I no longer have laptop or pc but bought myself google stadia but only started playing the game over the weekend.

a lot has changed its so in-depth it’s like being in a football world so much news around the world etc. I want to start from the bottom and work my way up but hidden attributes seem to much as even the well known players attributes are hidden. I chose to start with no badges and semi pro footballer but only job I been offered so far is Belgium under 21s and Spain under 19s

just curious did you guys start unemployed, do you have hidden attributes on and did you start with coaching badges and previous playing career? I find it’s more fun to start from the bottom because if I take over Liverpool for example I will be biased and play certain players and keep the players as I’m attached to them don’t want to sell them and more fun earning a top flight job 

No badges, Sunday league player, attribute masking on for me, on FM19 and now on FM20. Attribute masking for me is always a must but I might take some badges to increase my reputation if I'm planning a quick save for just a season or two.

1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

No badges, Sunday league player, attribute masking on for me, on FM19 and now on FM20. Attribute masking for me is always a must but I might take some badges to increase my reputation if I'm planning a quick save for just a season or two.

In previous games I’m sure there wasn’t this amount of players that had their attributes hidden. I looked at the Liverpool team and even they were hidden you would think I would know how good them players are 😀 

game is so in-depth which I like but I think will take weeks to finish a season especially if I have to scout all the players etc lol

43 minutes ago, Tony7 said:

In previous games I’m sure there wasn’t this amount of players that had their attributes hidden. I looked at the Liverpool team and even they were hidden you would think I would know how good them players are 😀 

I missed few years myself and got back to it with FM 18 and it was pretty much like that. You said that you just started the save so I assume you're in the lower leagues with the club that doesn't have great scouts and well developed network. It also depend on your players knowledge attribute which is also low at the beginning since you are playing without badges and as semi-pro.

56 minutes ago, Tony7 said:

game is so in-depth which I like but I think will take weeks to finish a season especially if I have to scout all the players etc lol

If you're still in lower leagues, it's faster to bring players on trial. When player joins your club, if he is not good enough you can terminate his trial immediately.