Player Information Bar - Transparent?

stevemc

Good evening,

Wondering if anyone can help, I'd like to make the player/staff information bar transparent, in this example it's the solid white panel behind Gareth Southgate’s profile picture and information;

EmmLp7n.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Edited by stevemc

18 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

non_player_profile_panel

Line 5     <container class="main_contrast_box">

Cheers mate, but I can't see that file in the Base Skin folder, where should it's location be, and should it also have a paper.png file?

Edited by stevemc

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

No idea.  Heres the default xml jsut change the line..non player profile.xml 

Cheers, but I'm not sure I follow you - what exactly am I changing to alter the transparency of that panel? Line 5 is already as you have it above in post 2.

<container class="main_contrast_box">
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 1, -1, 1, -1" offset="0" gap="10" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

Edited by stevemc

3 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

<container class="main_contrast_box">

to a diff kind of box or add an appearance="xxx" to the paper file you want

So if I change it to this?

<container class="main_contrast_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlaymanager">

And added a overlaymanager.png paper file to the graphics/background folder?

And does the nonplayerprofile.xml go here;

Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/panels

Edited by stevemc

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/panels/non_player 

the paper & xml file into the appearance location

So this?

Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/panels/non_player/nonplayerprofile.xml

Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/graphics/appearance/overlaymanager.png

10 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

FM 20 - Base Skin Default/graphics/backgrounds/overlaymanager.png

I can't get this to work, I've got this (first 7 lines of code - green is the part you've asked me to change)

<panel>
    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="95, -1" offset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 1, -1, 1, -1" offset="0" gap="10" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

This nonplayerprofile.xml then lives here;

/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/panels/non_player/nonplayerprofile.xml

Then I've got an overlaymanager.png graphic in this location;

/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins/FM 20 - Base Skin Default/graphics/backgrounds/overlaymanager.png

That folder also includes these files from the background transparency overlay;

TyuFbpS.png?1

The XML already in that location is from the background transparency overlay. That xml file includes this;

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
    <!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
    <!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
    <record id="image_borders" left="10" right="10" top="5" bottom="1"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
    <!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
    <record id="image_slices" left="8" right="8" top="8" bottom="8"/>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="bg"/>
    <colour id="green_replacement" name="bg"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="bg"/>

</properties>

Edited by stevemc

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

non player profile   with spaces.

or jsut change main_contract_box to bordered_box and remove the appearance bit altogether

That's created this:

SrQ4VZ0.jpg

I wanted to retain the white shape but be able to change the transparency of it between 1-100%.

Step 1:     Change to  <container class="bordered_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlaymanager">

Step 2:  in the paper xml change     <colour id="red_replacement" name="bg"/>   the "bg" to "primary" 

5 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Step 1:     Change to  <container class="bordered_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlaymanager">

Step 2:  in the paper xml change     <colour id="red_replacement" name="bg"/>   the "bg" to "primary" 

Done that, but now no white box at all...

e29wR4v.jpg

Edited by stevemc

19 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

anhd what is that image? should be a solid red paper file.  you can play with opacity in paint. 

The image is a solid red paper file.

Yeah that's worked now, thanks for your help, sorry for not fully understanding the coding :D

Presumably that's the same for player profiles?

Edited by stevemc

12 minutes ago, stevemc said:

The image is a solid red paper file.

Yeah that's worked now, thanks for your help, sorry for not fully understanding the coding :D

Presumably that's the same for player profiles?

Yeah, the player personal details panel on that one.