[SUGGESTION] Ability to role-play as an in-game manager

rich10

I often find my self not wanting to replace Jurgen Klopp (who would? :)), as his availability can then quickly skew the in-game world, so it would be a nice option to not create your own manager at the start of the game, but instead take control of a real-life manager - with all of his attributes and personality traits taking affect, and changing, as you play.

• 2 months later...

It's unclear if there are licensing elements involved, but on a personal level my biggest point would be:

What if you fire up the game, take over as Klopp and then immediately begin to play the most defensive football imaginable. Lethargic, long ball, hit and hope play. That isn't reflective of Klopp. At this point it just becomes a defensive manager who is called Jurgen Klopp. It would be the same as giving Mo Salah 1 for acceleration and 1 for pace, while making him 6'10" and making him a right back. Has the same name, but bears no resemblance to the real world equivalent he's based upon. 

• 9 months later...

If you did that then your stats would change to reflect this change in approach, and the media and fans would react to this. It's a more RPG approach to the game, I admit, but it might be interesting.

It also might not.

or maybe they could give you the option at the start of a save, what to do with the club manager you replace, have him in another role in the club, play as him or replace him as is done now.

• 7 months later...