Does being club legend/ icon make you less likely to be sacked?

I have a questiom about your previous experiences regarding job security as club legend or icon. I'm managing Celta Vigo now, my 7th season and in my previous three seasons I managed to win the league three times and Champions League once 2 seasons ago. I am now club icon but the expectations are very high (minimum win the league go to cup final and CL semifinal). The club is after takeover in very good financial situation but still Im not able to spend as much as Barcelona Real or PSG. I feel there will be a season where I dont meet any of my competition expectations (last season I won the league by 1 point because Barcelona dropped points in the last game, didnt meet expectations in cup or CL). Anyway new stadium is coming in 2 seasons and I wanna be a part of that. So my question is, from your experience do the fact that im a club icon could conteibite to my job security in any way?

There is no doubt that on-field performance is the first priority to satisfy the board's expectations, but if you don't succeed and your job is under scrutiny, then I suspect that being a club icon will help if the decision is touch and go, but not if you failed miserably.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

There is no doubt that on-field performance is the first priority to satisfy the board's expectations, but if you don't succeed and your job is under scrutiny, then I suspect that being a club icon will help if the decision is touch and go, but not if you failed miserably.

Thank you for your reply. Its like my own previous success contributes to my problems. At the end of the day I could be 2nd in the league go to CL quarter final and drop out of the cup in semis and still fail all three competitions.

In the older FM's when the option of adding a favourite club was included, then it did (the game dev's confirmed it) buy you more time at a club if things were not going well.

I assume that still goes for the current version as I doubt they would have removed that from the game. Probably more effort to take it out than leave it in..? 

Archived