mentality split

chris31k

I'd like to take off the mentality setting from the tactics to split it between every aspect this setting manage.

Some sort of slider to manage risk taking, tendency to move forward, pressing, creative freedom, tempo individually or between units (defense,midfield,attack).

Since team shape had been removed we cant split mentality between players making defenders playing carefully and attackers very aggressively for example

2 hours ago, chris31k said:

I'd like to take off the mentality setting from the tactics to split it between every aspect this setting manage.

Some sort of slider to manage risk taking, tendency to move forward, pressing, creative freedom, tempo individually or between units (defense,midfield,attack).

Since team shape had been removed we cant split mentality between players making defenders playing carefully and attackers very aggressively for example

While waiting for this request to be processed, there are several things you can do now to help you achieve what you are after.

Changing player roles and duties can help players in different positions be more or less aggressive, and affect their "risk taking, tendency to move forward, pressing, creative freedom, tempo individually or between units (defense,midfield,attack)".  Targeted Player Instructions can also help with these things.  Even the players themselves and their attributes can have an impact on all those things you mention.

I know it's not the one button click which Team Shape used to give us, but all these things are still possible to do while you wait for a mentality split to be implemented :thup:.

Thank you @herne79 : i'm aware that roles and duties can help. Clearly, using them wisely can make things work in fm19 regarding mentality split. But i think mentality regroup many aspects of player behavior both offensively and defensively. That's why i think that removing mentality (which is quite confusing for some) and replacing it with clear sliders (risk taking, pressing, forward runs, tempo ) cans be a great addition.

Anyway thank you for your time and advice

• 1 year later...