Editor Data Files Vanishing

Kanwulf

Has anyone else had editor data files just up and vanish?

I've spent endless hours on a file to improve the (frankly) shambolic Asian database, which included updating caps, updating histories, creating missing international players and deleting the numerous 40+ year olds that haven't had history entries since 2008.... and it's just vanished. Nowhere to be seen.

I've searched my laptop for the file, I've made sure I didn't accidentally rename any files, I checked my recycle bin.... it's just gone.

I'm getting to a point where I'm just about done with the pre-game editor, it's an utter shambles that causes more troubles than it fixes.

Did you not activate backups and is there no latest–saved–rules.tmp in the editor folder?

You should also search for all .fmf files on your laptop.

I really don't understand, why people do not make backups or are using incremental saves, it's so easy and safe.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Kanwulf:

There is a latest-saved-rules.tmp but how do I go about loading it up? I don't get the offer when loading the database

rename .tmp with .dbc and import it. maybe .fmf, don't know if it has changed, as .dbc seems not to be used anymore.

Archived