National flags in player profiles

Casual

In default light skin on player attributes view you cant see a national flag of a country he belongs to. Is the only way of changing this getting another skin? This is awful, especially because the main thing that dominates the info panel on player attributes view is the sign to which club he is contracted to, despite that you already see that because of the logo and etc

Untitled.jpg

It looks like a design decision so it's unlikely to get changed by a patch.

However it's a simple change to re-enable it. You'll need to extract the player profile personal details xml file from the panels/player folder found inside the panels fmf file.

Inside that file locate this line:

<record id="widget_info" class="nation_button" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="vertical" size="small" format="[%nation#1-nationality]" />

And change the icon_enabled bit from false to true and that will turn on the flag.

If you don't know how to extract the game files read this:

I will try to follow this and enable the flags and get back to you if I dont do something right, but please ask those designers for us why in the hell would they remove the flag and genrally strip down the Player Attributes screen of such little things and infos, when I bet half of the players still prefer that landing screen over Player profile that has too many info and therefore reduces the size of the profile photo and player attributes as well. PLAYER CONTRACTED TO WHATEVER huge sign thats totally irellevant when you can already see the club colours  put instead of this and other info is really a questionable design decision...

15 hours ago, Casual said:

I will try to follow this and enable the flags and get back to you if I dont do something right, but please ask those designers for us why in the hell would they remove the flag and genrally strip down the Player Attributes screen of such little things and infos, when I bet half of the players still prefer that landing screen over Player profile that has too many info and therefore reduces the size of the profile photo and player attributes as well. PLAYER CONTRACTED TO WHATEVER huge sign thats totally irellevant when you can already see the club colours  put instead of this and other info is really a questionable design decision...

https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests/

1 hour ago, cfwhittle said:

I appreciate the replies but this hasn’t worked. Any chance you can upload the updated xml file?

For reference I have edited the file already but the code you need is on line 106 extract the archive to get the xml file: player profile personal details.7z

You will need the base skin(s): https://community.sigames.com/topic/450431-fm19skin-football-manager-2019-base-skins/

Place the file in ..skins\base19_light\panels\player, select the base19_light skin within the FM settings - ensure you clear the cache/reload skin if the change is not immediately visible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived