about real fixtures of FM2008

KuunG

I edited the nation league panel.xml and can see the Real Fixtures in the same way as some poster in this thread, looks like this: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2488/68303456gl5.jpg

But you can't tick the box.

Have put a .cmp file under \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\comps

I have the 8.0.2 patch.

What about the comp.efa file under data folder?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

At the moment it is not possible enable real fixtures

We hope that it will be possible to do this at some point during FM2008's life cycle, but we currently don't have any idea on when this might be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was this because we couldn't edit the fmf files ?

We can now the tool has been released.

Can we have clarification as to where the .cmp files need to be placed please, as we now have the Real Fixtures check box, but no one is able to check it.

Thanks

• SI Staff

It has nothing to do with the Resource Tool I'm afraid. There have been necessary changes to a lot of the rule group code (including fixtures) and this has resulted in the loss of support for dropping in your own CMP files.

It's more than likely this support will return in the next version of the game. We never like losing features in the game but sometimes it's necessary for moving forward and improving things longer term. It's not really a case of just adding the support back in via a patch as this wasn't picked up on until after the game was released and there had been too many changes made by then.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just thought I let u know Ter- I have purchased every game the collyer brothers have produced starting from championship manager. I am very dissapointed that I can't access the real fixtures as I like to add as much realism as possible. It is also disappointing on the basis of your previous mission statements of listening to the fans (not this time). I have turned to Fifa Manager 2008 because they do have real fixtures and whilst they have been lame in the past, the connection between 3d game and management is getting a hell of a lot closer. 'Apologies for any inconvenience caused' as far as I am concerned is a throw away line and not good customer service of which your company I have always rated as high in this area. You talk about going forward well I suggest it is more like taking ten steps backward.

Archived