Lower league tactics

Bear in mind that the opposition are generally weaker than you. Being part-time your players won't be fit enough for Geggenpressing (if they are that's an exploit) and tiki-taka would be beyond them, but any normal tactic be in counter or control would be fine providing you have the players to suit.

What I basically do is line up my best players and see which formation and style best suits them. As my teams tend to be the weakest in the league that means playing cautiously, bodies behind the ball and wellying it up to the front guy, but you might want to do something different.

Il 27/10/2018 in 16:08 , phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Ricorda che l'opposizione è generalmente più debole di te. Essendo part-time i tuoi giocatori non saranno abbastanza in forma per Geggenpressing (se sono un exploit) e tiki-taka sarebbe al di là di loro, ma qualsiasi normale tattica sia in controtendenza o controllo andrebbe bene purché tu abbia i giocatori adatti .

Quello che faccio fondamentalmente è allineare i miei migliori giocatori e vedere quale formazione e stile si adatta meglio a loro. Dato che le mie squadre tendono ad essere le più deboli del campionato, il che significa giocare con cautela, corpi dietro la palla e fare il tifo per il front man, ma potresti voler fare qualcosa di diverso.

forgive English, help me with the translator.Which method do you use to understand your strengths and can you give some examples? What is the next step?

2 minutes ago, Francesco1983 said:

forgive English, help me with the translator.Which method do you use to understand your strengths and can you give some examples? What is the next step?

I watch the pre-season friendlies carefully.  I might see that my defenders are slow and get caught out by balls over the top, so I drop deeper. Or opposition can dribble through them because their positioning is terrible so I change formation to use 2 DMs and play cautiously with more men behind the ball. I might notice that I have a striker who has poor finishing but is quick with good off-the-ball movement or anticipation - he can play up top by himself and I'll hit long balls up to him - he should manage to put one away per match.

2 minuti fa, phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Guardo attentamente le amichevoli prima della stagione. Potrei vedere che i miei difensori sono lenti e vengono scoperti da palle sopra la cima, quindi scendo più a fondo. Oppure l'opposizione può dribblare attraverso di loro perché il loro posizionamento è terribile, quindi cambio formazione per usare 2 DM e giocare con cautela con più uomini dietro la palla. Potrei notare che ho un attaccante che ha un pessimo traguardo ma è veloce con un buon movimento o anticipazione fuori dalla palla - può giocare da solo e io gli centrerò le palle lunghe - dovrebbe riuscire a metterne uno via per partita.

At the beginning of the season do you use the team relationships? What qualities do you look first? I know that maybe it's a long speech but I'd like to get to know the tactical question because I do not want to adopt plug & play tactics.Thanks

Just now, Francesco1983 said:

At the beginning of the season do you use the team relationships? What qualities do you look first? I know that maybe it's a long speech but I'd like to get to know the tactical question because I do not want to adopt plug & play tactics.Thanks

I never use plug & play - I always assess and observe my players. I even do an Academy Challenge which means I can't bring in better players, only the intake from my own youth academy. Because they tend to be very poor, and training facilities and staff are very poor, I do focus on 'the whole being better than the sum of their parts'.  I don't do what most people do in friendlies and change 11 players at half time - rather I work out 2 starting XIs and try to keep them playing for as close to 90 mins as I can. That way each Starting XI play together a lot. Match prep is always on learning the tactics (even though I tweak them as I learn things) and General Training is on Cohesion - for many months until Team Dynamics is high. I also have very small squads - just 22 in all so there is little rotation. The point is for the team to gel or know each other and play well together as much as possible.

22 minuti fa, phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Non uso mai plug & play - valuto e osservo sempre i miei giocatori. Faccio anche una sfida all'Accademia, il che significa che non posso portare giocatori migliori, solo l'apporto dalla mia accademia giovanile. Poiché tendono ad essere molto poveri, e le strutture di formazione e il personale sono molto poveri, mi concentro su "l'intero essere meglio della somma delle loro parti". Non faccio quello che la maggior parte della gente fa nelle amichevoli e cambio 11 giocatori a metà tempo - piuttosto mi alleno 2 iniziando XI e provo a farli giocare il più vicino possibile a 90 minuti. In questo modo ogni XI di partenza gioca molto insieme. La preparazione alla partita è sempre dedicata all'apprendimento delle tattiche (anche se le ottimizzo man mano che imparo le cose) e la formazione generale è su Coesione - per molti mesi fino a quando il Team Dynamics non sarà elevato. Ho anche squadre molto piccole - solo 22 in tutto quindi c'è poca rotazione.

I would need guides on how to set up the teams and on how to create them, unfortunately there are unhappily Italian forums that satisfy me

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:57, qaz said:

I'm playing in Vanerama South league with a good squad (the best in the division). But i'm struggling badly.

What tactics do you use in the lower leagues (part time, non-league) to gain success?

You may want to give us an idea of what you've tried up to now, so we have a reference with which to help you.

Archived