Creating the animations of 3D players

Majkee

I have had an idea early this morning - is it possible to create own player animations for 3D match engine?

It could be nice for community to prepare own animations to be used by match engine. It could be a good way to quickly improve the visual enjoyment of new 3D graphic representation of match engine :)

I am convinced, that there are a lot of skillful graphics in community members.

SI, what is your opinion about this?

Thank you for responses.

I doubt skilful graphics makers are going to have a 3D animation studio. You know, those suits with reflective sensors and loads of infra red cameras dotted around the place etc.

Decent 3D animation like that of a person running/moving isn't just something a novice can do on their home computer. It's not like changing some graphics in Photoshop.

• SI Staff

I don't think the users will be able to create their own animations. Not even sure if the current ones can be edited but I'm not really involved in the 3D side of things so I could be wrong.

I don't think the users will be able to create their own animations. Not even sure if the current ones can be edited but I'm not really involved in the 3D side of things so I could be wrong.

It seems that current animations are not so complicated, especially sliding tackle is really easy, static and repetetive.

I am sure that may be 10 versions of sliding tackles are possible to animate.

Could someone from SI related specifically to 3D answer to my OP?

Thanks.

I don't think you need an answer from SI. It's logical that you won't be able to add new 3D animations. You obviously haven't thought about what it would take. You'd need perhaps 5-6 seconds of movement (doing the tackle, getting up) at 24 frames per second. A player would have perhaps 20 points within a 3D space needing to be animated, frame by frame.

That's going to be something only an experienced 3D animator could achieve.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure the odds are there are a few people who can animate who happen to like FM - and it doesn't take motion-capture to make animations a lot better than currently in FM09. And frame by frame? What is this, the stone age?

hehehe, well put!

I went to uni to do a Digital Media course and there were animators there that could have produce better quality animations than those on show in the match engine... altho much of the problems with the animating is the lack of good transitional animations...

...and to back up act smiley there is something called key framing y'know...

procedural animation is the future but we'll never see that in FM as its designed for high end games... basically I don't think FM needs that, just a bit of an upgrade and more time spent on it.

Archived