Improve player happiness logic

fmFutbolManager

This is really frustrating, so I would like an improvement for FM19+ please.

The problem

Here's my scenario. I've been playing FM18 since it came out and have had the same save in all that time. I dread to think how much time I've invested in this one save.

My goalkeeper Scuffet had a bid from Bayern. He's valued at €30m and they offered €17m. Naturally I refused as it was no where near and he's a team leader and my best keeper by a long shot. They went away and Scuffet demanded a new €200k per week contract with €10m signing on fee (despite also wanting me to improve the defence with my €10m budget). I declined as there's no way I could afford €200k per week, with €16m in fees for him and his agent. Bearing in mind he's already on €93k per week.

With this he got the hump and asked for a transfer so I said sure. Transfer listed him and thought nothing of it. However, Bayern had already signed another keeper so there were no players interested in him. Come the end of the transfer window he's kicked off because he wasn't sold (despite no bids or any interest whatsoever)! 23 players, my whole squad, sided with him, morale tanked throughout the whole team and results took a turn for the worst. This is despite me winning the league and getting to a Champions League final last season and being a favoured personnel for almost all of them. Not forgetting having a close relationship and commanding a high level of respect.

So we then had an average (red) dressing room atmosphere, and average (red) managerial support. Really!? I've taken Parma to a Champions League final and given them their first league title, and not to mention made them all rich in the process. Now they hate me and all want to leave, just because Scuffet didn't get his transfer.

The final nail in the coffin, is now that any player is slightly unhappy, they want to leave, because they don't trust anything I say now. I've had to transfer list another two players since, because they don't believe me when I said I would play them because of broker promises in the past!

I'm just about to bin off eight months of save because the team have again now called me into a meeting because of my poor handling of ANOTHER player, who wanted to play more games. I said sure I'll play you. He doesn't believe me and wants to leave so again I say sure, there's the door, goodbye. The team now want to know why I won't give him more games...

BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO FIGHT FOR HIS PLACE.

It's getting ridiculous now. This logic is so broken.

What can we do to fix this

• When a player asks to leave and I pop him onto the transfer list. If no club is interested and no bids come in, don't make a player then feel I've broken a promise. He's expecting to leave, sure, but short of giving €30m player a free transfer, I can't do much more
  • When a manager is a favoured personnel of a player, that player should surely side with the manager, and not a player in this instance? Or at least give me an opportunity to explain myself that I tried to sell him but no offers came in. There's no way for me to talk to them to explain the situation and now any issue no matter how big or small results in the squad becoming increasingly unhappy.
  • Let me tell the players that I've no interest in weakening the team by selling out team leaders and best players.

Sorry it's a bit long, but I feel I've lost eight months of my time invested in this save because of this one player issue.

• 6 months later...

Archived