Post your squad screenshots here!

Nicolai87

27 players in the first squad? dont you think its too many? how many coaches are you allowed to have, my club does not allow more then 7 and i think with 7 coaches 27 players will overwork them... i usually have about 20 players the most in my first squad.

27 players in the first squad? dont you think its too many? how many coaches are you allowed to have, my club does not allow more then 7 and i think with 7 coaches 27 players will overwork them... i usually have about 20 players the most in my first squad.

Says I have 9 and that I'm allowed to have 17.

Arsenal have 27 players in the first team in real life, and that's the same as I have even though I have bought three players. I might send Busquets on loan to Salamanca for a season, and I will maybe do the same with Bischoff in the january transfer market, if no bigger teams wants him on loan. Kieran Gibbs will be allowed to leave on loan so I expect that he will be gone 'till january with a recall option. That makes it 24, which is perfect, although I'd like to keep Busquets in the first team, so I guess it's either 24 or 25.

Pretty good competition in the midfield, which is exactly what Arsenal is missing in real life. Diaby, Inler, Fabregas, Ramsey, Busquets, Song, Bischoff and Denilson, although Fabregas will obviously start most of the games. Looks like I will concentrate on using Song as backup for the central defence instead of midfield, and also (as stated above) send out a few on loan. Thank god for letting me have 7 on the bench! 5 would have killed me with this squad.

£14.25m for Ochoa. Kinda overpriced if you ask me, but what the heck. Inler costed £13.25m. I've decided to never spend more than £15m on one player for Arsenal in FM09.

I had bought both Veloso and Inler on my other Arsenal save, but I think it's a bit overkill to have Inler, Fabregas, and Veloso in your squad, specially when I only use two central midfielders. Opted for a younger solution in Busquets.

I usually only buy players who the club has been heavily linked with. As far as I know Arsenal has never officially made a bid for Veloso, while they have done so with Inler. They were also very much interested in Busquets according to several media sources.

Yeah, I will try as much as possible, except in cases where Arsenal are being linked with, for example, a 17-year old from a french second division team who is absolutely s*** in the game. Obviously I won't buy those. I'm not going to blow away the whole transfer budget in the windows, so I'll keep it as realistic as possible. £12.5 for Veloso is a decent fee, I agree!

Archived