Jumping ship mid-season. How is it still a thing?!

I can't quite believe this is still a common occurrence in FM after all those years...

Unless you happen to get offered a job by a club that sacked their manager at the end of the season, there's NO WAY to have a believable career curve. One that doesn't force you to jump ship mid-season like a wrestler during the Monday Night Wars, leaving loose ties, unfinished work and a general feel (at least for me) of disloyalty.

In real life many leagues don't even allow a manager who is under contract with Club A to join Club B in the middle of the season! In FM it used to happen all the time with AI managers merry-go-round from November (remember Sacking Day?!) to March, but at least now AI clubs pick their new manager from the unemployment line often enough.

Still, we human managers don't have a "Will join at the end of the season" option... The new club should then hire a caretaker manager to see off the rest of the season, while waiting for us to join on the first day of holiday.
I appreciate I'm the leading candidate, but should Man United sack Mourinho tomorrow, do you think his replacement would leave his current club overnight and show up at Old Trafford in time for next week's game???

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived