Controversial scouting?!?

A bit controversial but does anyone use geniescout/fm scout editor to look at stats/CA/PA and buy future world class regens? Personally, I do occasionally but try to justify it by giving myself little handicaps (ie. only buy players from certain nations). Scouting legitimately can be a bit tedious/costly/timely especially when trying to beat rivals to signings, so how does everyone else scout?

• 2 weeks later...

Endless searching in fertile soil...

i.e low reputation leagues with easily obtainable talent and usually places where years of doing this has proved fruitful in previous editions etc...

I.e scandanavia produces a disproportionate amount of talent that is easily obtainable for UK clubs where I usually play...

I'm afraid I'm a purist who scoffs at the notion of trying to legitimise the use of editors and scout apps .. you may as well just make your own youth players incredibly good.. I see no difference.

Yeah I doubt you'll ever see me using geniescout et al but I was reading a blog where the guy detailed his attributes for his manager and justified ticking "disable player attribute masking" and setting his player / youth knowledge low as "the AI doesn't have it either" - I think he has a point given how fast transfers start happening, so on some saves I may do that. 

Archived