[FM 18] New BRITISH Football Pyramid - League 3 Added

Steam Link

This mod (my first ever) is a complete overhaul of the English football league pyramid. It incorporates all clubs from England with the top four Scottish leagues and the Welsh Premier League.

Using the advanced rules I have completely rebuilt the English rules and turned them into 'British' rules.

In order to fit all the teams from the UK into one pyramid I have also created a 'Sky Bet League Three', sitting between League Two and the National League. (This was actually a real life proposal ultimately rejected by clubs in 2016, google 'A whole game solution' to find out more).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now, the British League structure looks like this:

British Premier League
---
BFL Championship
BFL League One
BFL League Two
BFL League Three (New League)
---
British National League
---
BNL North
BNL Midlands (New League)
BNL South
---
Evo Stik North
Evo Stik Midlands (New League)
Evo Stik South
Bostik Prem
---
Regional First Divisions
---
County Leagues

Please note that all leagues have been verified in the advanced editor and I have ran a save up to 5 years without any problems, BUT I HAVE NOT FULLY EDITED THE REGIONAL FIRST DIVISIONS/COUNTY LEAGUES, so if you activate them in-game I am not sure if they will work properly. Everything from the Evo Stik upwards however should work perfectly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a lot of changes to fit everything in to place. Here is the changelog as of 01/02/2018:

LEAGUE 

* Added three leagues to British league system to incorporate Scottish and Welsh teams
* Changed most instances of 'English Football League' to 'British Football League' (Some may remain)
* Scottish and Welsh teams have been placed in various leagues based on their final Scottish League positions in 2016/17. Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers finished top 3 so they are in the Championship. The rest of the Scottish Premier League is in League One, etc etc. I didn't put any Scottish teams in the Premier League because I think a slot in the BPL should be earned, not given, but Celtic usually get promoted anyway in my tests.
* In order to fit the Scottish/Welsh leagues in, teams finishing closest to the bottom of their respective leagues were relegated. So for example, in order to fit Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen in the Championship, the three clubs above the relegation zone in 16/17 were also relegated to League One, etc.
* The British National League now has 6 relegation slots because the addition of a third regional league under it means two teams from each regional league have a chance of promotion.
* The Scottish and Welsh teams have been populated with Semi-Pro teams from the lower leagues so that they can continue to function. They should work fine but THEY ARE NOT TESTED. I left Queen's Park in the Scottish Leagues too because of their ameteur history and probable desire to remain in Scotland.
* Financial Fair Play removed from League One and Two because it kept bugging out and I couldn't find a fix. Also a lot of Scottish teams struggled to immediately adapt financially and FFP wasn't helping anyway.
* Money increased all across the pyramid. Parachute payments added for relegations all the way down to BNL, decreasing in value the lower the league. TV money increased slightly in lower leagues to help new teams cope and increased in Premier League.

CUP

* Every team from the Evo Stik leagues and above now start in the FA Cup qualifying stages meaning the competition is much bigger. An extra round has been added.
* The League Cup / FA Trophy rounds have been edited slightly to incorporate the extra teams.
* The Checkatrade Troophy was a pain to get working, so I was forced to remove the regional and group phases of the cup and make it a plain knockout trophy. A few teams from the BNL are also added in a qualifying round to get the numbers to work. Other than that it should work as intended.
* Prize money in all four UK cups increased in each round

OTHER

* UK leaving the EU has been removed.
* Robinho removed from the game after his real-life conviction.
* Reserves were a pain to get working also. All UK teams now have u23/18 teams which will play in a mirror league to the current first team. So for example the u-23 Premier League has the 20 Prem teams in it, etc etc...

KNOWN BUGS / ISSUES

* Sometimes league names simply dissapear. Usually Championship, L1 and L2. I don't know what causes it, but my solution is to edit the league using the in-game editor and type the league name back in. 
* Regional first divisions/county leagues do not have their relegations and other rules set up, as I don't intend to use them. They were only added to the mod so I could balance the teams out correctly. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As mentioned at the start, this is my first ever attempt at a mod / game edit, so please feel free to leave any feedback you have below! Thanks!

Sounds like a good update, I'll give it a go, but I was wondering why you've messed with Brexit and Robinho? It doesn't seem to have much to do with the rest of the edit, and Robinho in particular is still playing professional football and won't go to prison for years yet if at all so that doesn't seem to make much sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived