Injury lengths are inaccurate.

Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this.

I have noticed that in my FM16 save, the reported times players are sidelined through injury are far, far longer than the actual times.  This can be seen in two places: 1) the injury report given at the end of the season, in which players who had been out a few months are reported to have missed the entire season, and 2) the "Injuries" screen under a player's "History" tab, where injuries keeping the player out a couple of weeks are reported to have kept him out for 8 months or longer.

Now, in a way this is not a problem, because players are generally out for about as long as estimated when injuries are first sustained, and those estimates are relatively realistic.  It's not like my players are missing longer than they should be.  But it's a bit annoying because it would be useful just to be able to refer to these histories and get an idea of how injury prone players are, whether they're suffering the same injuries repeatedly or different ones, how much their output and appearances are related to injury, etc.  Any way to fix this, or find the real injury lists?  Bug?  Something I'm not understanding?

Oh, they're nothing special, of course, but surprisingly, 2nd-best in the Vanarama National League: Physiotherapy 14 and 13, respectively.  So you seem to be suggesting it's the latter, the "something I'm not understanding" explanation.  I can imagine how poor physios wouldn't be great at predicting how long a player's going to be out—though as I said these estimates tend to be good—but I can't really understand how they would then present an inaccurate account of how long a player was out.  I can do that just fine in real life due to my astounding proficiency in reading calendars (though the Gregorian leaves much to be desired), and I have no training in physiotherapy.  Can you explain?

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Shi Xiansheng said:

Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this.

I have noticed that in my FM16 save, the reported times players are sidelined through injury are far, far longer than the actual times.  This can be seen in two places: 1) the injury report given at the end of the season, in which players who had been out a few months are reported to have missed the entire season, and 2) the "Injuries" screen under a player's "History" tab, where injuries keeping the player out a couple of weeks are reported to have kept him out for 8 months or longer.

Now, in a way this is not a problem, because players are generally out for about as long as estimated when injuries are first sustained, and those estimates are relatively realistic.  It's not like my players are missing longer than they should be.  But it's a bit annoying because it would be useful just to be able to refer to these histories and get an idea of how injury prone players are, whether they're suffering the same injuries repeatedly or different ones, how much their output and appearances are related to injury, etc.  Any way to fix this, or find the real injury lists?  Bug?  Something I'm not understanding?

Is this for injuries sustained during a save rather than ones present at the start? It sounds like a bug. Could you please post in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/579-medical-centre-and-training/

Archived