FM18 Light skin

bdixon

Easiest way is to download and switch to the Light Base Skin then inside that browse to the \base18_light\graphics\boxes\custom\match\background\ folder and copy the two paper graphics (not the xml file) and paste them into the \base18_light\graphics\boxes\custom\background\ folder so they overwrite the more transparent files and that should give you a solid background.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Easiest way is to download and switch to the Light Base Skin then inside that browse to the \base18_light\graphics\boxes\custom\match\background\ folder and copy the two paper graphics (not the xml file) and paste them into the \base18_light\graphics\boxes\custom\background\ folder so they overwrite the more transparent files and that should give you a solid background.

That worked an absolute dream, thank you wise owl.

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 17:36, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I did this a few months ago but with the newest patch this made a mess of staff meetings. I get no text at all to choose from or can't click anywhere. Any way to fix this?

13 hours ago, Sanel said:

I did this a few months ago but with the newest patch this made a mess of staff meetings. I get no text at all to choose from or can't click anywhere. Any way to fix this?

Those graphics shouldn't affect the staff meetings, if they aren't working then it will be caused by another file in your skin, and you are best checking with the skin maker for an updated version of the skin.

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Those graphics shouldn't affect the staff meetings, if they aren't working then it will be caused by another file in your skin, and you are best checking with the skin maker for an updated version of the skin.

It legit does, or maybe I described it wrong, it's the board requests. I deleted the skins folder and download the FM 18 Base Light Skin again (the one you posted here), and made the changes above with the custom backgrounds. Now this happens again:

ee4d20c805f4f76c092484e0695ddff5.png

It has to be something with the background files. I didn't change anything else. When I switch to the base skins without the change everything seems ok.

Ok I downloaded the latest version of the light base skin. Made no changes at all. Same problem occurred. Same thing again, If I load the light or the dark skin within FM I get no problems.

I also tried downloading the base 2018 dark skin and loading it, works like a charm. So there is something wrong with the light skin and it's not in my side. I've got it from here obviously: https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/fm18baseskins

19 hours ago, Sanel said:

It legit does, or maybe I described it wrong, it's the board requests. I deleted the skins folder and download the FM 18 Base Light Skin again (the one you posted here), and made the changes above with the custom backgrounds. Now this happens again:

ee4d20c805f4f76c092484e0695ddff5.png

It has to be something with the background files. I didn't change anything else. When I switch to the base skins without the change everything seems ok.

Not sure why that's happening I cannot get it to happen at all for me.

You can try manually deleting your cache files:

If that doesn't work rather than changing the above file, inside the graphics folder create a new folder called backgrounds and create a new png file called default and give it the colour/pattern you want and make it's dimensions the same as your screen resolution and that will remove the stadium background as well.

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Not sure why that's happening I cannot get it to happen at all for me.

You can try manually deleting your cache files:

If that doesn't work rather than changing the above file, inside the graphics folder create a new folder called backgrounds and create a new png file called default and give it the colour/pattern you want and make it's dimensions the same as your screen resolution and that will remove the stadium background as well.

You're a hero. It is fixed now. Muchos gracias!

Archived