football manager's got competion!!

Originally posted by Svenc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

(Just as an aside, it's "German" and "Germany" in English. icon_smile.gif )

(Just as a second aside, you can tell that FifaM isn't made by EA Vancouver as there's no chav music to appeal to the EA consumer here in the UK, and instead has one of the best collections of classical music I've ever heard in a game :p)

I'm surprised my play on words went over your head. icon_biggrin.gif As for the music, not bad, not bad at all. The only EA Manager I own is Fussball Manager 03 (make that TCM 03, right!?), and that game's score wasn't all that hot.

I only tried the demo of 08 back then, but there was no music in there.. By the way, I've often thought that an option to play some music in FM (in-game) wouldn't be all that bad, not that hard on the CPU and easy to implement. But then silence is sexy as well, innit? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just listen to my own music whilst playing FM, seems the best option, get to listen to what YOU want icon_smile.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Awet:

Has anyone played PES manager?

I heard it was shocking!

It really, really was. I mean, there were some pretty good ideas there - they had little cutscenes for certain things, like a player giving an interview, and there was quite an emphasis on bringing up youth players.

But the fact that it was just a manager mode built on the regular Pro Evo engine really showed - and anyone as anyone who has watched a CPU vs CPU match in Pro Evo can tell you, the matches were as boring and frustrating as can be.

tacky features like cars and playing golf?

'Sons' coming through the youth academy? We could debate this forever.

They are both completely different games, to me, comparing FM and FIFA Manager is like comparing a Medival Fighting Game to a Modern Warefare game. They share the same main feature (in this example, fighting) but are completely different.

FM and FIFA Manager share the tag of 'Football Management Games', but are different. FIFA puts the so called 'gimmicky' features in because that is what some people like. People like the official badges, kits, people like little add-ons and 'take Evra out for a round of golf' features in the same way we like our PA and our CA. I know many football fans who have loved the sport for a long long time, but if it came to something like FM they wouldn't bother, it would look 'boring' to them.

They are different games targeting different people, FM for in depth footy fans and FIFA for those who like a lighter, easier game to play.

Just to clarify I fully an FM man myself!

Originally posted by bridport_james:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">tacky features like cars and playing golf?

'Sons' coming through the youth academy? We could debate this forever.

They are both completely different games, to me, comparing FM and FIFA Manager is like comparing a Medival Fighting Game to a Modern Warefare game. They share the same main feature (in this example, fighting) but are completely different.

FM and FIFA Manager share the tag of 'Football Management Games', but are different. FIFA puts the so called 'gimmicky' features in because that is what some people like. People like the official badges, kits, people like little add-ons and 'take Evra out for a round of golf' features in the same way we like our PA and our CA. I know many football fans who have loved the sport for a long long time, but if it came to something like FM they wouldn't bother, it would look 'boring' to them.

They are different games targeting different people, FM for in depth footy fans and FIFA for those who like a lighter, easier game to play.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant!

Looks like the FIFA folks pay attention to the criticism of the game on these boards.

FIFA Manager 09's first details have been revealed, among them is an overhaul of the tactics and match engine, an improved interface, a huge improvement in staff and relationships with them (Something Football Manager has needed for about a decade), international management, a full editor, etc.

And just for the lighter gamers, the ability to add yourself as a player manager and/or to found a club and have them start from the bottom league in any country icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Spagbol:

Looks like the FIFA folks pay attention to the criticism of the game on these boards.

FIFA Manager 09's first details have been revealed, among them is an overhaul of the tactics and match engine, an improved interface, a huge improvement in staff and relationships with them (Something Football Manager has needed for about a decade), international management, a full editor, etc.

And just for the lighter gamers, the ability to add yourself as a player manager and/or to found a club and have them start from the bottom league in any country icon_wink.gif

Excellent!

fifa manager might look pretty on the outside but it lacks substance and depth, having features like cars e.t.c is heading more towards the sims. fifa manager is for part time football fans who are obsessed by games having all the kits and badges whereas football manager is much more enjoyable to play, far more realistic, has depth, is addictive and is well structured

Archived