Football Manager 2009 - Who are you going to be? What are your plans?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my plans are to make Otelul Galati the best team in the whole world :) than make dunarea galati promote to the first div and after that, play a little bit with CFR Cluj to see if they are good enough at the game to beat Roma and play equaly with Chelsea(pitty that they did not play good enough to beat Bordeaux)

Think i'll start with northampton (my team) and put in the editor that sixfields will be 10,000 in 2010 and 15,000 in 2012 and see if this extra income helps as it should do in real life when the council pull their fingers out!

Also love the idea of luton, leeds, man city, ebsfleet, kaizer chiefs. For a serisouly long game though it has to be Arsenal one of the best set-ups on the game and IRL. To make it a challenge though i'd be looking at purchasing 2 or 3 players for the first two seasons then trying to rely on youth set-up.

I will start as Leicester (my team) and see if I can last longer than most recent managers. Its actually a big challenge with a lot to play for this year and probably the only good thing to come out of getting relegated in real life!

Probably wont end up playing that game for long as I find it hard to be decisive and sell players when managing my team.

So after that I will probably start as my second team - York City.

Sleeping Giants !!, Sheff Wed/Leeds/Forest etc, clubs that have big support/great traditions/good set ups etc.....but have been in the doldrums for far to long.....love the challenge of getting teams like that back to the big time

I'll play two managers: Manchester United and after having a look at the demo, Vauxhall in Blue Square North (or was it South?), the team with lowest media expectation (22nd) and lowest funds in the lowest division in the game.. I want to be able to see the two extremes of the game at once, since I usually do two saves but end up playing just one :)

I fancy playing as Gateshead, the nearest non-league side to where I live. I played as them in Dafuges challenge two years ago and got them into the Premiership, so I fancy trying that again.

Other than that, I'll certainly have a go at my team Pompey (although I used to enjoy the challenge of getting them promoted so it's lost a bit of it's appeal in recent years), Leeds (dozing giant), QPR, and Man City for a bit of Fantasy Football.

I'll play two managers: Manchester United and after having a look at the demo, Vauxhall in Blue Square North (or was it South?), the team with lowest media expectation (22nd) and lowest funds in the lowest division in the game.. I want to be able to see the two extremes of the game at once, since I usually do two saves but end up playing just one :)

I will like to start with Vauxhall if what you say is right Poil Brun, love to start with worst team in england.

Lol i wouldn't start as Coventry City, i live in Coventry and if the expectations of the fans/ club are correct in the game, then you will be sacked as every Cov fan i know thinks its the clubs god given right to be in the Premiership and they hate any manager who doesnt get them there and if the board of the club is true then there all idiots who will throw you out at any sign of a hiccup, so personally i'd go for another club at there level but this is due to my personal prejudice of the club i supported and got fed up with because of all the stupid decisions and lack of success.

Personally i'll start either unemployed or at a lower league team as its ages in a football simulation that i started as LLM, and hope that over a career of 30 or so years to get the club as high as possible.

I too live in Coventry and on the demo I am top of the league and 11 points clear of Birmingham who are second and 3 clear of reading, so i shall continue my demo saved game. to see if I can finish the job off nad get promoted.

I'll be starting with my team, Sheffield Wednesday. Good challenge really, like you say Bridger they are one of the sleeping giants. No real chairman, No money, fairly good squad with a few exceptions who i will look to move on. I think after only just surviving last season, expectations will be lower so i may have to aim at just consolidating in the championship for the first season and then hopefully i'll be able to strengthen more in the second season and push for promotion! :)

Think i'll also start another game as unemployed and get into LLM. Never done it before and quite like the idea of it and seeing where i end up.

Archived