FM18 Touch to iPad from Steam

• Administrators

Steam don't release games on Tablet.

Tablet games are a separate purchase from their app stores. 

It's impossible to do bundles as the stores sell the titles separately.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems extremely unfair to those who have bought the complete FM18.

Why should you care on what platform we plan on using for FM Touch?

It would be easy to implement the uses of anyone who has bought FM18 on a desktop platform & want to use the touch version on another machine.

This is especially annoying as when you buy FM Touch through an ipad you are supposedly able to play it on 6 different "family" machines

If I would do something like that in my business, my clients would regard this as an abomination.

Two thumbs down for what seems to be an inappropriate business practice

Not true.

If I am the same customer, and I get a bundled game from SI in the form of FM18 it is a very simple matter to allow use over another platform.

It's just a matter of how you view your customers, and what kind of experience do you want them to have.

Look at Phishing for Phools (by Shiller & Akerlof) for an explanation of how a company "Milks" it's reputation

1 hour ago, olivne said:

Not true.

If I am the same customer, and I get a bundled game from SI in the form of FM18 it is a very simple matter to allow use over another platform.

It's just a matter of how you view your customers, and what kind of experience do you want them to have.

Look at Phishing for Phools (by Shiller & Akerlof) for an explanation of how a company "Milks" it's reputation

If it’s a very simple matter as you state, perhaps you could explain the process SI would have to go through to allow a game purchased through Steam to be downloaded for free via the Apple/Google stores.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Spikey said:

perhaps you could explain the process SI would have to go through to allow a game purchased through Steam to be downloaded for free via the Apple/Google stores.

20 hours ago, olivne said:

To be clear, There is no process. 

Steam is owned by Valve, the app stores by Apple and Google respectively. 

Each store takes a commission from selling games on the store for any game that is on there, whatever title that is. They just don't sell games or codes for games that are not on their platforms as it wouldn't make sense for them to do so.

It is clear enough as it can be what platform and minimum requirements the game is for whatever store you buy it from if you check on the store page before going to checkout.

So it's really as simple as that. It is not possible to bundle the games in any way at the moment I'm afraid.

It would be great if it were possible but it just isn't.

Archived