wage structure

i've been having problems with understanding how much money i can spend on transfers.

for example:

i would have a kitty of 20 mil and a wage dufget of 1.1 mil per week. i will ask for more money for transfers but to no avail. i would also ask for an increased wage budget as one can use funds from the wage budget to increase their kitty. my request would sometimes be accepted. i will now have a kitty of 20 mil and 2 mil per week for my wage budget. i try to increase my transfer money tothe maximum but it only increases to 25 mil with 1.7 mil left p/w. thinking this is all the money i got, i spend it all only to realise that i can get more money again. i think this happens after i make a transfer and thus prevents me from using all the money to make a big summer signing.

why can't the board give me money all at once so i can plan my transfers?

the money situation might change during a season. income from merchandise, games, competitions might be better than expected or you don't use your entire wage budget, therefore the board might consider giving you more money.

Also maybe they want you to spend it step by step and not get tempted to spend it all on one player ;)

How much you can move from your wage budget to your transfer budget will also depend how much you currently spend on wages. Obviously the board aren't going to allow you to bump your transfer budget up to £30 million if it means you have no spare money for the wages that you'd have to pay to the new players you will buy.

Archived