[Suggestion/Discussion] Improving The Manager

F3NT20

I think it could be a nice addition to the start of the game when creating your profile/manager to be able to select a personality type (from a drop-down menu) and select a number of traits for in-game manager.

As a result this could have an impact on you when applying for managerial roles at certain clubs. For example a club could reject a job application as you do not play the kind of football or have the personality they are looking for. In addition, this could help you get a job as you might have exactly what a club is looking for in their next manager.

An example of this would be:
Manager Name: Mr T Smith
Personality: Calm/Quiet/Determined/Aggressive/Outspoken/Resolute
Manager Traits: Likes to sign young players / Likes to play possession football / likes a large transfer budget - ect ect
Favored Formation: 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 ect ect
Playing Style: Long Ball/High Tempo/Possession/Defensive/Counter Attacking/Mixed - ect ect

I think it would be good if your manager had a personality that can be reflected in the game.

Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Regards

@YKW ... Love this article, particularly the detail surrounding the Goals/Personality sections.

I often read that SI dont want to lose their identity of the game being a Management Simulator and as a result are often having to reject some really good ideas that could potentially take the focus away from that... With that being the case, I think the Manager detail needs to go to another level. Like you mentioned in your post, apart from the name and the nationality, there isnt too much to distinguish the managers from one another.

It would also be good to see these details applied to current managers and future re-gens.

• 5 months later...

Archived