[Discussion] Injury Indicator, Jadedness and Data Analysts

ilkork

I was reading the other day that Olympiacos is using the APEX software from STATSports, which monitors and tracks a player's progress in training, matches, etc.
This means that their Data Analysts are able to tell when a player is more likely to be injured. Same for jadedness. They are able to tell how jaded a player is, and advise the fitness coaches to give him lighter routines throughout the season, etc.
It's 2017 and if a club like Olympiacos is using such software, I can't imagine what software do bigger clubs like Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern, etc. use.
That information is available to them and the software is very reliable.

But, in FM, there is no injury indicator or something like that.
Also, the jadedness attribute, although it has values between -500 and 500, it is a hidden one, and we only receive messages like "Player X is a little jaded and could do with a rest".

What I am suggesting here is to include something like an injury indicator and more information regarding jadedness. And it's a nice way to make use of Data Analysts.
Could something like the following be implemented into the game?

A) For Injuries:
With a stars rating (of course it doesn't have to be 1 star, 1.5 stars, etc., but can be divided like the current reputation system):
jad-stars-very_low.png =Very Low possibility of an injury

jad-stars-very_high.png =Very High possibility of an injury

Or something with dots (like a player's proficiency at a certain position) :
injuryindicator-dots.png Green=Very Low possibility, Red=Very High possibility

This means that, the better the Data Analyst's team, the more reliable the calculation is.

B) For Jadedness:
With a red(or whatever colour) circle like Condition/Match Sharpness and a percentage (%):
cond-sharp_circle.png

This means that all clubs will get the same (standard) information, which is not 100% fair though, because small clubs don't have the resources for such software.
But I can't think of something else for jadedness and it's definitely better than the way it is now.

Now, the way the Data Analysts calculate the possibility of an injury, it's up to you SI.
I would guess, Adaptability plays a part (how well they know the players) and Judging Player Ability (how well they can estimate a player's Injury Proneness attribute).
And the message you receive in your inbox could be something like this:
"Fitness Coach X has just had a chat with Data Analyst X who raised his concern following Player's X progress in training.
Data Analyst X feels that Player X is very close to getting injured and it would be better if you considered giving him a lighter routine or play him for a maximum of 60' in matches for the next week".
Rest is on you SI.

Why should you consider something like that?
Because the game is pretty random when it comes to injuries. It randomly selects players and give them an injury. It's like the code reads "X time has passed without injury, pick player X and give him a torn hamstring"....
I want to be able to prevent an injury. Or at least, decrease the risk of someone getting injured. And it doesn't mean that I will be able to prevent all injuries, but many (depending on my staff, facilities, player, etc.).
Because it happens IRL:

(1st and 3rd interviews are in English, 2nd and 4th are in Greek)

What do you think?

P.S. I haven't played FM17 a lot and I don't know if there is an improvement regarding the information we receive for injuries or jaded players, so forgive me if there is.

What, you don't like it? Fair enough.
Just, don't you dare to complain again about injuries though. Ever.
Cause my suggestion will give you the ability to "know" when a player is about to get injured and help you prevent it. At least most of the times.

• 1 year later...

Archived