Does this make a difference? (editor data-crash dump chances related)

ilkork

Suppose I create an editor data with 100,000 changes, let's call it "X". I then remove the 95,000 changes and it now has 5,000 changes.
Is this the same as if I've created another editor data, let's call it "Y", with just 5,000 changes?

I mean, does the game "recognize" that X had 100,000 changes at the start and then it became 5,000?
Does it make a difference regarding crash dumps or do I get the same chance % of experiencing a crash dump with both files?

I am sorry for the wording, I hope you understand what I mean.

(This is probably for the "Editors Hideaway". If yes, please move it there once I get some replies, thanks)

46 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

if you remove changes from the end of the list - no problem. If you remove changes somewhere in file- you can have problems

Thanks man.

5 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

if you remove changes from the end of the list - no problem. If you remove changes somewhere in file- you can have problems

Let's see if I got it.

Suppose I have 10 people that I want to make changes. Let's call them "P1", "P2", "P3", "P4", "P5", "P6", "P7", "P8", "P9", "P10".
I made changes to them in that order:
P1
P2
P3
P4
P5
P6
P7
P8
P9
P10

But now I want to revert changes for P5, P6, P7 and not have them in the editor data.

You are saying to me that it's better to revert changes from P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P10 and then redo the changes for P8, P9 and P10?
Is that better than just removing P5, P6, P7?

No. Changes can be problem if they are related. For example-you made some change for uid 55555 (lets call this change #1000). After that you change other things not related to this. Again you change some record for uid 55555-change related to change #1000. if you delete that change #1000 this can be problem in some scenario.

Best way to make big databases with new players (or some other data) is to keep data in excel sheet and transfer it to xml with script.

This can be done with default data also but its much harder because default data cn be different in fm versions.

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

No. Changes can be problem if they are related. For example-you made some change for uid 55555 (lets call this change #1000). After that you change other things not related to this. Again you change some record for uid 55555-change related to change #1000. if you delete that change #1000 this can be problem in some scenario.

Best way to make big databases with new players (or some other data) is to keep data in excel sheet and transfer it to xml with script.

This can be done with default data also but its much harder because default data cn be different in fm versions.

Thanks mate. You've been really helpful :thup:.

Archived