Hello,

I have been playing EHM for a while now, since the Early Access.  I love all that you can do with the game, I wanted to see if for the NHL is there a way that I can create a new team?  I just thought with Las Vegas starting up I would like to see if there is a way that we could have the option of creating a whole new franchise to run and manage well at the same time filling the roster.  I wanted to see if this has been looked at or if it is possible.  If someone would be willing to let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Yes, you can add a new team to an existing League; there's currently a 31 team database available at TBL (with Vegas added)...and you can reduce teams too, as my 1974 database runs an 18 team NHL

You can also make unplayable Leagues playable, edit rules/finances and more

It does take some time and effort, there's no "wizard" or anything similar that does most everything for you

P.S. In case anyone see this and wonders about the 1974 database...it was created for EHM07 almost 5 years ago, and I 've recently begun working on it so it can be used with EHM1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, savagebeast said:

I am not good with computers and all of these zip files.  I tried the editor, but I cannot figure out how I am supposed to change it.  Any help or even a step-by-step guide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As I mentioned, It does take some time and effort, there's no "wizard" or anything similar that does most everything for you .

There's also no step-by-step guide, but.....everything you need is at TBL, but you'll have to do some reading.

Here's a link to the Data Editing Forum at TBL http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=110

I think the thread that might be the most helpful for you is the "Editing league rules and structures in EHM1"

AFAIK so far there's only a couple/few people that actually doing this editing, and for them it's all been time consuming trial and error

Editing the structure/rules of a League is not "easy" and takes significant time and effort (and hours of reading!), but now unlike with EHM07 at least it can be done! :)

EDIT

FYI - Riz is working on an ingame Editor, most recently mentioned today on HFBoards http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2212489&page=11

I suspect in time there'll be some known guidelines/processes for making changes to League structure/rules, but it's all very new at this point, and hasn't got to the point where what's known is written up in a clear, concise format

Archived