European club coefficients table is missing / League reputations not updating

Carlito85

I've just realized that the table is completely empty when I went to check the European club coefficients. Additionally the league reputations aren't updating each year.

Is there a section in the editor where I need to activate these for a custom continental competition?

This is a known issue for me from several years . The game is codified in this manner: the competitions ranking changes  are determined by the results in main continental competitions. These competitions are: Champions League and Europa League in Europe, Champions League and Confederations Cup in Africa, Champions League in North America, Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana in South-America, Champions League and AFC Cup in Asia, Champions League in Oceania. If one of this competitions is modified with the editor, using only basic rules, the relative ranking of the competitions in this continent stop to work (and coefficients too in Europe).

This is not solvable with basic rules. The only manner is to switch to advanced rules and, in the "competition" properties, instead of "edited rules (overrides all original rules)" select "override rules in code". It should works.

1 hour ago, nom245 said:

This is a known issue for me from several years . The game is codified in this manner: the competitions ranking changes  are determined by the results in main continental competitions. These competitions are: Champions League and Europa League in Europe, Champions League and Confederations Cup in Africa, Champions League in North America, Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana in South-America, Champions League and AFC Cup in Asia, Champions League in Oceania. If one of this competitions is modified with the editor, using only basic rules, the relative ranking of the competitions in this continent stop to work (and coefficients too in Europe).

This is not solvable with basic rules. The only manner is to switch to advanced rules and, in the "competition" properties, instead of "edited rules (overrides all original rules)" select "override rules in code". It should works.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm already running in the advanced rules, and tried switching to "override rules in code" but there's no change. The file contains changes to the all UEFA competitions. The "type" is set to continent by the way, for what it's worth.

mmmh.. when I had this problem i was remading the competition and I solved in the manner I described, since I had both "continent" and "competition" items. You should have the same, unless you made only minor changements (competion rules/squad selections that are under the continent). If this is the case, maybe you can try with "combined with rules in code", but I am not sure it can work..

5 minutes ago, nom245 said:

mmmh.. when I had this problem i was remading the competition and I solved in the manner I described, since I had both "continent" and "competition" items. You should have the same, unless you made only minor changements (competion rules/squad selections that are under the continent). If this is the case, maybe you can try with "combined with rules in code", but I am not sure it can work..

Any chance you'd be willing to take a look at my file in the editor to see where I'm going wrong?

3 minutes ago, nom245 said:

Yes but I am very busy at the moment so they can pass several days until I can take a look... maybe in the week-end. Are we talking about fm17?

Awesome, much thanks. Yea it's for FM17. I have a thread in the downloads forum where my project is available:

If you can take a look at one of those 6 files and manage to find the source of the problem, I'll copy any fixes over to the other 5 files.

Thanks again.

Hi Carlito85, sincerly I do not understand.. all the files in your links result not verified, when I load them in my fm17 editor. And also if I try to test rules without making any modification I have an error every time (wrong number of teams found for stage...). A file not verified can not be loaded in the game so I can not try my suggested fixes..

3 hours ago, nom245 said:

Hi Carlito85, sincerly I do not understand.. all the files in your links result not verified, when I load them in my fm17 editor. And also if I try to test rules without making any modification I have an error every time (wrong number of teams found for stage...). A file not verified can not be loaded in the game so I can not try my suggested fixes..

Yea I have no idea why the files won't verify. The wrong number of teams found for stage error has been an issue I've been trying to fix for a long time, but had no luck with it.

For the record the files do run in the game, I just can't get them to verify in the editor.

Hi Carlito85, I had a test with the settings shown below. It worked for me

continent

Taglia_58.jpg

competitions (only Champions League and Europa League, there is no need to change other competitions)

Taglia_59.jpg

Taglia_60.jpg

I tested only one season, this is how it appears in my game

Taglia_57.jpg

Taglia_56.jpg

Taglia_55.jpg

Dude this is awesome. Thanks so much for your help! I'll be sure to add your name to the credits in my next update :)

EDIT: Changing to "override rules in code" has caused errors in the teams being called up. The likes of Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus are in the Europa League now for example.

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

Dude this is awesome. Thanks so much for your help! I'll be sure to add your name to the credits in my next update :)

EDIT: Changing to "override rules in code" has caused errors in the teams being called up. The likes of Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus are in the Europa League now for example.

I think this can be something related to the error I received when I tried to verify the file in the editor (wrong number of teams founded for stage..) and not strictly correlated with the option "override rules in code". If some pf the teams requested for the competition are not founded, the game replaces them with some of the teams with the best reputation in the continent. Probably there is a problem in the "teams" choice tab (the more frequently happens when a team wins both the league and the domestic cup, in my experience). When a lack of teams occur in the Europa League, the games provides with some of the best teams in Europe. I think you had already the problem in the file, but maybe before it  appeared in the following seasons. Probably selecting the option "override rules in code" causes only that problem appears earlier from the first season.

On 29/05/2017 at 20:20, nom245 said:

I think this can be something related to the error I received when I tried to verify the file in the editor (wrong number of teams founded for stage..) and not strictly correlated with the option "override rules in code". If some pf the teams requested for the competition are not founded, the game replaces them with some of the teams with the best reputation in the continent. Probably there is a problem in the "teams" choice tab (the more frequently happens when a team wins both the league and the domestic cup, in my experience). When a lack of teams occur in the Europa League, the games provides with some of the best teams in Europe. I think you had already the problem in the file, but maybe before it  appeared in the following seasons. Probably selecting the option "override rules in code" causes only that problem appears earlier from the first season.

Any idea as to why the number of teams for each round is messing up in testing? It's something I've struggled to fix for the last few years now. I never realized having new teams enter at each stage would be so difficult to verify.

Dont verify file at all. Test in game only. This is not something you can test without errors. If big teams are called in some stages/rounds - thats because you dont have enough teams so game use best teams from list.

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Dont verify file at all. Test in game only. This is not something you can test without errors. If big teams are called in some stages/rounds - thats because you dont have enough teams so game use best teams from list.

Would that therefore mean it's impossible to get the coefficients and league rankings to work? Is it a case of one or the other?

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

No-vereification in editor is here only for editors who want to check settings.

Only reliable test is in-game test.

Normally I test everything in-game anyways, it's just that I don't know what exactly is causing the coefficients and league rankings to not show up, or update respectively.

Is it not possible to have them work when you have the competition set to "edited rules"? I tried setting the competitions to "override rules in code" but whilst the coefficients and league rankings did start working, it messed up the teams being called into each competition, as well as the competition formats reverting to default.

Very confused right now lol.

Its very old problem with continental competitions. In previous years we coudnt edit almost anything so this is very good now.

I know 1 thing from FM14 and FM15 - you cant use "edited rules" if you want to keep coefficients.

Now- you have 2 different problems. Try to solve one by one. Test what you need to do so game keeps coefficients and dynamic league repuatation. After that - test what settings you need to set so your teams list is ok.

Try to combine these 2 and thats it.

Major problem here is this: you will have huge issues if you want to use registration for competition.

Also you can try to recreate everything using this method:

you will loose coefficients but league reaputation list is used instead. Its almost same order. Not ideal but you can use "edited rules" and everything will work.

Archived