Scouting for a particular role

Hi,

Has anyone had any real luck when asking scouts to find a player suited to a particular role?

I always do the usual stuff and send my scouts to monitor competitions and individual nations - but quite often i'll ask to find me a particular type of player i.e Ball Winning Midfielder and get no results.

My scout reports are constantly full of players best suited to being playmakers when I want a midfield enforcer and it's getting a bit frustrating. I'm aware that you can search for players with particular attributes, but I don't feel this is in line with how football works. Managers rely heavily on their scouts, and so do I, but they're not doing what I want them to at the moment.

Any tips?

The more specific you get, the worse the results.  Instead of searching for a particular role, try scouting for a basic central midfielder but check the bravery and aggression attributes as being most important and the scout should come back with more ball winning type guys.  In my experience, just checking one or two key attributes a particular role usually brings better results than being specific.

Archived