Passing Stats

Boss

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on something that has been a grievance of mine over the past few editions of FM, and that is a teams passing stats.

I've always struggled to understand how elite teams (Barca, Bayern etc) only ever manage around 180-320 completed passes per game. This is clearly so different to the sort of stats they post regularly IRL - is this due to limitations in the AI management of the match engine? As I regularly get 600+ passes per game with my sides.

Another thing that I'm struggling to understand is the difference between completed passes stats in different leagues during different games, i.e.:

I started 2 separate games, both on the same DB, both loading same leagues - one game with Brentford and one with Ajax.

In the Brentford game, Championship sides regularly get around 300-400 completed passes per game, Eredivisie sides get lower at around 150-250 (inc Ajax).

However, in the Ajax game I'm seeing the reverse, so all Eredivisie sides are getting 400+ completed passes per game, whereas Championship sides are getting a lower amount at around 120-190 - Can anyone explain why there is a difference?

Just now, Boss said:

Another thing that I'm struggling to understand is the difference between completed passes stats in different leagues during different games, i.e.:

I started 2 separate games, both on the same DB, both loading same leagues - one game with Brentford and one with Ajax.

In the Brentford game, Championship sides regularly get around 300-400 completed passes per game, Eredivisie sides get lower at around 150-250 (inc Ajax).

However, in the Ajax game I'm seeing the reverse, so all Eredivisie sides are getting 400+ completed passes per game, whereas Championship sides are getting a lower amount at around 120-190 - Can anyone explain why there is a difference?

That would be because the countries you're not managing in won't be running in full detail, unless you manually select it.

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Because matches aren't being simulated by the 'proper' ME, but rather the quick simmed.

Ok I get that, but why then do these 'big' European clubs average way higher passing stats in the CL? I'm not managing in that but they average 200 passes or so higher per game.

Just now, Boss said:

Ok I get that, but why then do these 'big' European clubs average way higher passing stats in the CL? I'm not managing in that but they average 200 passes or so higher per game.

CL matches would be running in full detail. Just check the Detail Level settings in your game?

17 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

CL matches would be running in full detail. Just check the Detail Level settings in your game?

Had never thought of this so will check it out thanks!

Will it add much processing time if I add these leagues as full detail?

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Had never thought of this so will check it out thanks!

Will it add much processing time if I add these leagues as full detail?

IMO, it adds more to processing time than adding an entire country as playable. So yes, it will be processing heavy. It'll be up to you to decide if the speed is right or not. Personally, I load all leagues and switch the top 2 divisions to full detail, so I'm the wrong person to ask. :D

Archived