[Suggestion] In-game formation reference guide

Powermonger

Something that has bugged me for many years is the lack of information in game about tactical formations in terms of their key characteristics, strengths and weaknesses. I know as 'managers' we would know this, but as a gamer, unless you are steeped in football knowledge, these tactical nuances may go over peoples heads.

My suggestion is that in the tactics creator screen, a new menu option along the top is added called 'Reference' and when clicked on brings up another panel split in two, with common formations on a left side section (a column) and then in a larger information panel a picture of the formation is shown and then some information of that formation.

The formation information would include details such as a short history of the development of the tactic, it's requirements, key positions, strengths and weaknesses, perhaps even some common variations of the tactic (although without added commentary).

Formations I think should be covered are:

• 4-4-2
  • 4-3-3
  • 4-5-1
  • 3-5-2
  • 5-3-2
  • 3-4-3
  • 4-2-3-1

The closest I can find to an example is from the following blog: https://www.pitchero.com/blog/a-coachs-guide-to-football-formations

I think having something in game would not only help educate players, but also help flesh out the game and bed FM into the football and coaching world more.

• 1 year later...

Archived