How does this work?

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if its appropriate to start a new thread just for this simple question, but its something I've been wondering about for awhile now. 

Most roles in the game have certain instructions hard-coded in them; for example, inside forward (support) has more through passes, dribbles more and cuts inside. Before the change to the current team instructions we used sliders and I'm sure that how it still works in the game (we just don't see it anymore) For certain personal instructions we only had three option, lets take dribbling, rarely - sometimes - often.  --> might be the wrong terminology but you get the idea:) 

My question is; lets take the inside forward (support) again who has dribble more hard-coded. If i would choose the team-instruction ''dribble less'' would this move the ''slider'' to sometimes or would this move the slider to rarely? Or a third option, would this not effect the role at all because its hard-coded in there? 

If it affects the role, I'm sure this would work the other way around as well? A Defensive forward, for example, has ''gives less through ball'' enabled, with the team-instruction ''pass into space'' , would this move the ''slider'' further to the right? 

TIs stack on top of PIs these days - so if you tell a player to dribble less but then the team to dribble more, then he'll probably be somewhere in the middle, dribbling sometimes.

However this also works for making everyone more extreme - for example if you've told a player to tackle hard, if you stack a TI of get stuck in on top of it, he'll probably tackle even harder.

I think this is how it works now, although I'm not 100% sure.

49 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Yep, that's pretty much it. Some Role / Duty settings already max out / minimise specific settings,  so those aren't affected if a maxed out guy is asked to do more of the same (or if a minimised guy is asked to do less of the same).

But if a maxed out guy is asked to do less, there is a ''middle way''? and the other way around obviously, if a minimized guy is asked to do more...

Thanks, that's the answer I was hoping for and kinda already knew, but just checking:) 

37 minutes ago, jorgvandervloed said:

But if a maxed out guy is asked to do less, there is a ''middle way''? and the other way around obviously, if a minimized guy is asked to do more...

Thanks, that's the answer I was hoping for and kinda already knew, but just checking:) 

Yes. It might not be exactly in "the middle", but their setting's will adjust.

Archived