Buttons without drop down not highlighting

Wells

Yeah, like the title says, I have a made my own custom tabs graphic, and also to highlight secondary color when I mouse over/hover or select them, so actually there is no problem with the selection but only when I hover/mouse over in some buttons.

zVdHAN.jpg

You can see "Profile" is selected and I hover the mouse to "Affiliates" button which is highlighted, every button with drop down will highlight, but buttons like "General, News, Facilities" won't highlight like it does "Affiliates" in the pic.. thus it remains the same primary color.

So what might be the problem with those particular buttons? I have edited all the xml's in tabs selected/normal folder, to make the focus/over/selected to be secondary.

Have you checked the button showing graphic as well? 

I have button / button clicked / button_disabled / button_focussed / button_over / button_selected / button_showing in my folder for tab graphics

button / button_selected / button_showing are the ones with xml files.

41 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Have you checked the button showing graphic as well? 

I have button / button clicked / button_disabled / button_focussed / button_over / button_selected / button_showing in my folder for tab graphics

button / button_selected / button_showing are the ones with xml files.

Yes I did sadly, atm this how my button showing xml look

Rlbgk7.jpg

The problem just lies withing my skin, so I may have to do some work and check all panels/graphic to see what is causing the problem.

Edit: Not really, I have also tried the same thing with default base skin and the same problem.

Weird but I have somehow managed to know what is the problem, normally there is button over.png, it doesn't have xml in the base files, I have created one and then tried to give it some color to see and bum the buttons I mentioned have changed only.. I have noticed also those particular buttons have some little animation transition.. so I think it is general problem.

1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

All your standard/normal/top button graphics should be coloured primary. All your standard/selected/top button graphics should be coloured secondary. I'd advise going straight to the graphic and amending it if you've accurately amended all the relevant configs and they're not achieving what you wish and then leave config value empty. 

I don't see why your route shouldn't work, speaking in general terms without testing but I often went the route I described for sharper graphics and to avoid any config anomalies. 

To be honest, some of the buttons in my latest Vitrex version are like this. In the screens leading up to the match the top right buttons (eg 'continue') don't show until I hover over them.

7 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

This is a new one on me (and I've heavily edited most buttons/tabs) but as I say I've chosen to bypass this element of the config. 

Untitled.png This could be easily re-applied to whatever scheme is preferred. 

That'll be the  D:\Football Manager 2017\skins\Vitrex 1.3\graphics\buttons\standard\normal folder on mine.

Is there anything I should change (my default background colour is dark blue, if that's at all relevant)?

Archived