Graphics problem for FM17

stevio11

Hi all, I am having a problem getting my facepacks, kits and logos into my game. I am downloading from our sister site and am using WinRAR to extract the files to my graphics file. In interaction, I am unticking the cache box and ticking the load new skin box and hitting confirm like I normally do but nothing is loading, I have been at this for 6 hours now and no success, I don't normally have a problem, can anyone see where I am going wrong please.

Try this to force the game to load all graphics again:

Move your graphics folder on the desktop

empty cache, re-load skin

Move the graphics folder back

empty cache, close the game and start it again

This has not worked and is getting on my nerves now, I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my game as I always load these with no problem and cant see me playing the game if I cant see faces, kits,logos as it don't seem real then. I have tried all help given and got nowhere, there must be something I aint doing.

Where are you extracting the files to? (Screenshot if possible)

Are you extracting them into their own folders?

Are you following any instructions provided with the packs, if you have downloaded a multipart megapack then they may need to be extracted in a certain order.

Are any custom graphics appearing at all?

Hi Michael, i am downloading the packs from our sister site where most people go, I am using WinRAR to extract from the folder, where there is more than one folder, I am opening the final folder and extracting the pics direct into the graphics folder then a sub folder as I have done with the face packs, never had a problem before,even with the beta but recently had to go back to factory settings and load everything again thanks to a virus. When I download fm, it goes to my onedrive documents file when it used to just go to my documents so I have to move file location. I have done graphics loads of times and it works but have followed the advice from people on here and nothing works. If you can suggest where I may be going wrong then I can try again.

Where you have put your graphics folder has the game also created several other folders or when you select the Save Game As option in game and select the path dropdown is it pointing to the games folder inside the same place where you have your graphics?

If not then follow the instructions in this thread to change your User Data Location, read through the full thread as there are some troubleshooting steps at the bottom:

Also I located the game in my C drive with all the folder so that seems ok I think, I don't like messing around much changing too many locations in case I mess up but I am finding this hard to swallow that my beta graphics worked 100% and now in the full game they wont and I don't seem to be alone

Where is the game saving your save games to? And does the parent to that folder have folders added by fm like in the screenshots in the link thread, does putting your graphics in that location work? (you don't need to transfer them all over just a couple).

What have you put in the launch options box? Does that location match where you have put the graphics.

If none of that works try a different folder, with a short simple name.

• 2 weeks later...

What location have you put into the launch options box as that location seems to be missing the 'documents' folder bit, so you should have the following in the launch options box:

--user_data_location="C:\users\steph\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017"

Though the game seems to have created the game folders so it should be reading from that folder, if its just the facepacks that aren't showing and the kits/logos are then it sounds like it is a problem with your facepack, have you made sure a config file is present and has the correct entries and you are looking at players who are present in the facepack, and if it is a megapack have you followed the installation instructions as they sometimes have a particular order you need to extract them in.

If none of that works then try changing your User Data Location to something short such as C:\FM17 to see if that works.

Archived