Help needed: Two Goalkeepers, Only 1 can sign. Physical stats v Technical Stats.

BuryBlade

Need people's advice/opinions...

Which keeper should I sign for my newly promoted Championship team and why?

Both are much better than my current keepers, both have agreed terms on similar contracts and transfer fee wise, Irakoze would cost me about £2.5 million and Coleman £1.7 million (both across 48 months, made up with add ons). 

I'm torn because Coleman has incredible physical stats but Irakoze is better technically. Irakoze is however somewhat injury prone according to the scout report, but has higher potential (scouts opinion). 

What importance do the physical stats have for a goalkeeper and are they as important as the technicals or not? Basically am I just being blinded by the great physical stats?!

I don't know which to sign, so what would you guys do? I'll answer any questions about either player if it helps add more info to the discussion.

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

Both look fairly solid although Irakoze's injury proneness + mediocre natural fitness worries me a bit. Neither are anywhere near competent with the ball so I'm assuming you're looking for a standard GK role, in which case I don't think you can go wrong. Irakoze's stats are probably slightly better on the whole but I'm not sure he's worth the risk or investment. Up to you, really.

I've settled on Coleman in the end. Irakoze is better overall but I don't think he is worth the extra money when he is injury prone and potentially unavailable during AFCON tournaments. Hopefully Coleman will be good enough to help my team avoid relegation! 

Thanks for your inputs! 

Archived