One of the things we want to see in FM 2017 AND FM 2018 - problem with create tactic - player and team instructions

Pyro

What is the use of creating a football management game...giving us the tactics and formations that previous managers have created,adjusted and used. But we don't get to create and experiment with ours and tell our players EXACTLY WHAT and HOW we want them to play. Then why is the CREATE TACTIC THERE. It seems to me that the makers of the game do not know the meaning of the word create, perhaps, a dictionary could help.There should be almost no restrictions in the tactics section. Why are there so much restrictions on what is realistic or not...even managers in real life don't place such restrictions on their players. Have you taken a good match analysis about how Barcelona play? They play a particular philosophy, and strict tactical instruction that works...nobody really knows what their player and team instructions are but they work...You can't do that in football manager 2016 game and I expect adjustments to be made in FM 2017 and FM 2018 games because of the too much restrictions...For example If I want a player of mine to play as a wide target - support - and I want him to 'dribble more' he should be able to...rather than the available 'dribble less' ...if I want my advanced playmaker -support to have 'fewer riskier passes' I should be able to do this as well, if I want my sweeper keeper - support - to play 'fewer riskier passes' he should be able to. NOW, IS THIS DOABLE? YES IT IS, please adjust it. We also need to be able to tell our players whether to put more pressure and push up or contain and drop deeper at the last few minutes we need to be able to make choices on the technical aspect of the game  as we see in real life football-soccer game ... There should also be possibilities of signing technical advisers etc ..When Pep Guardiola took charge at Barcelona during his time there...He reconstructed his own tactics from previous formations...When he was at Bayern he made it more flexible making his players able to switch from one formation to another while on the field...Do your research. If football manager is to be realistic...We should be able to do the same...Please change the player and team instructions...make it flexible and don't restrict the creativity. If  what we tell our players is unrealistic and not-doable  let it show on the pitch-let us see it fail on the pitch...if it will work let us see it work on pitch or training...during friendlies etc This should not be hindered in the game, ENOUGH SAID.

Everything you've posted can be done, you just need to spend the time (just like Pep did) in creating tactics for different situations, have your players learn them through match preparation training & then switch tactics during the match based on how the flow of that match.

• 3 months later...

Archived