Is there going to be any new playble leagues in FM 2009

The fact LDU won Copa Libertadores and Ecuador played in the last two WCs and beat Brazil and Argentina in a regular basis (at home at least) should be enough reasons to add it.

The same can be said about Paraguay as Libertad have done pretty well in Copa Libertadores in recent years and Olimpia won it 3 times and their national team played the 1998, 2002 and 2006 WCs and will almost surely qualify for 2010 as Paraguay at the moment have the best national team in South America even though they don't have any Kaká or Messi.

They should make a better editor, that way whoever wants to play these different leagues, would be able to do so.

^Correct. Let's look at Fifa Manager for a brief period. EA and Bright Future have given the users the option to create as many new leagues as they want. There is a Megapatch floating around that adds 50+ leagues to the game (leagues like the Faroe Islands, Cyprus, Bosnia, not to mention a huge assortment of Asian/N. & S. American and Oceanic leagues etc). It begs the question; if Fifa Manager can do then why can't Football Manager? I'm of the opinion that Football Manager is vastly superior to Fifa Manager even without this feature. Imagine how good the game will be with it.

Anyway, this could all just be chewed meat because this might actually be in FM09. Here's hoping.

They should make a better editor, that way whoever wants to play these different leagues, would be able to do so.

I certainly would love to be able to add more leagues with the editor.

The fact LDU won Copa Libertadores and Ecuador played in the last two WCs and beat Brazil and Argentina in a regular basis (at home at least) should be enough reasons to add it.

Then the leagues of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and so on should be added too.

^Correct. Let's look at Fifa Manager for a brief period. EA and Bright Future have given the users the option to create as many new leagues as they want. There is a Megapatch floating around that adds 50+ leagues to the game (leagues like the Faroe Islands, Cyprus, Bosnia, not to mention a huge assortment of Asian/N. & S. American and Oceanic leagues etc). It begs the question; if Fifa Manager can do then why can't Football Manager? I'm of the opinion that Football Manager is vastly superior to Fifa Manager even without this feature. Imagine how good the game will be with it.

Anyway, this could all just be chewed meat because this might actually be in FM09. Here's hoping.

From my experiences with Total Club Manager a few years ago, the league structures in EA's games are nothing near as complex or detailed as in FM, therefore its a lot easier to add new leagues to the game as its so simplistic.

FM's more complex structure I believe makes this option very hard to put in because it could mess the game up.

I do agree that it'd be a nice thing to have in game though.

From my experiences with Total Club Manager a few years ago, the league structures in EA's games are nothing near as complex or detailed as in FM, therefore its a lot easier to add new leagues to the game as its so simplistic.

FM's more complex structure I believe makes this option very hard to put in because it could mess the game up.

I do agree that it'd be a nice thing to have in game though.

I was on the Fifa Manager 08 editor a few weeks ago and I stumbled across the English league composition tab. I don't like the game but there is a lot of good options that you can alter to set up more leagues. You have the option to change the league structure, subs allowed, weather, etc... it even shows comparisons of other leagues so you can see how the league compares. I thought it was well done and you could easily realistically mimic the, let's say, Cypriot league if you know what you are doing.

Archived