Transfer Budget - growth if unused

Slightly odd question, and before I ask I will qualify by saying, obviously this is very dependant on both club and how the team are performing, but...

Have you found from experience that - all being equal performance wise - if you don't use much of a transfer budget it will not be added to by much by the board as they already think you have enough funds?

As an example, I'm starting a save with Man Utd, they have a 60m transfer budget. If this was almost depleted to say 5m remaining and we won the league, the following summer no doubt there would be a big boost to it, if not in January. If, however, I had only spent 5m so 55m was remaining and we won the league, I presume the boost to it would not be as big as it would have been if it were depleted?

If my assumption is correct, you are better off spending money made available to you at big clubs, providing you have success?

Each season is budgeted in isolated, but using your available budget increase the chances of having a larger budget next season but as it's not a ring fenced pot of cash that is not guaranteed.

It depends a lot on the club's financial situation. Success especially winning the league will guarantee a big boost to your budget. I'm on my third season with United and my budget is over ‎£250m despite hardly touching it every year as I only sign youth.

Archived