Pronoes Career 2016

Pronoes

It's been a few years since I last played FM. Having a child threw a spanner in the works. However, he's now 3, grown out of the cute phase and is now more annoying than anything else, so I don't feel bad about ignoring him for the next 10 years or so :p Without further ado, I'm going to start off with an attempt at Dafuge's Challenge. If I get sacked, I may go journeyman for a while. We shall see what happens.

I've already passed the setup stage with no screenshot, so you'll have to keep the faith it's correct. After multiple reloads, I've gone for Buxton since it's just over the hill from me in Sheffield. (WAWAW)

All UK & Ireland leagues loaded

buxton_football_club.jpg

Manager Profile

Welcome to Buxton

Facilities

Finances

Financial Projection

Squad

I, I'm guessing like most other people, will spend 6 hours on the first 4 days :p. Got a lot of sorting of the club out. The first thing is the finances are OK. The second is our star player, Jake Fowler, is out of contract and refuses to discuss renewal. Curse him!!

We've had a blistering start to the season! Unbeaten in competitive action to date and all is going smoothly =D

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png

I've made a few choice transfers to bolster the team. We've had no less than 4 retirements from last season and a handful leaving after running out of contract.

Transfers_Transfer_History.png

Unfortunately, the finances are falling through the floor.

Finances_Finances_Summary.png

Squad_Players_Players_2.png

Buxton - Vanarama North 2016/17

Season Review

Summary 1

Summary 2

League Table - Can't grumble with our first season. A distinct lack of consistency and shocking form at the end of the season put paid to any automatic promotion dreams. Still, pleased with 4th.

Playoffs - A tense tied semi final which ended in the drama of penalties, eventually sending us through to be bored to death by Stockport who nicked a last minute goal, had me angry because they also knocked us out of the FA Trophy, then sheepish when I realised Stockport and Southport are not the same :p

FA Trophy - Only managed to reach the first round. Smashed to pieces by a higher division team. Nuff said.

FA Cup - Aaaand the less said about this, the better.

Squad - I'm reasonably satisfied. You can't expect much from a bunch of part time footballers, part time plasterers, full time drinkers.

Transfers - Not a great deal of activity. As previously stated, had a handful of retirements, star player would not renew his contract and I let a few loose ends go. Brought in a few guys to the first team. I could have gone more, with the wage budget available, but I think the admin are poor at maths because even though I was only using 4.4k of my allotted ~6/7k per week budget.....

Finances - ....this happens. We are in trouble here. Hopefully we, have picked up a few more fans. I will have to have a look at letting some of the "higher earners" go maybe.

The Key Three

Luke Dobie - He took my signing virginity!! Great guy too. Played in almost every match and probably one of our best players. Definitely want to hand onto him for next season.

Josh Hope - The only one of my key three I didn't sign. At only 16 years old, he's mixing it up with the big boys. The choice was taken out of my hands with injuries to our 2 (yes a whole 2) strikers, but he stepped up and helped out. Worth keeping an eye on for sure.

Luke Giverin - My main man. Was a toss up between Giverin and Kebbie. While Kebbie is doing well, even being played out of position for every game, Giverin was consistent which is what we were in desperate need of.

Summary & Next Season

Overall, I'm quite happy with the team and the achievements we've had this season. It was heartbreaking to miss out on promotion in the latter stages of the final, especially after scraping through on penalties in the previous round, but we didn't deserve to be there to start with anyway. My major concern is the the financial situation. I'm hoping that a more thorough examination of the part time contracts and bonuses paid to players, 'streamlining' of the non-playing staff, a few more fans and maybe even a lucky draw in the cup will at least stem the flow. Next season I'll be directing the boys towards the playoffs. Of course, we'll be chasing automatic promotion, but I can't see that happening unless someone is smiling on us. Secondary focus is to shore up the squad with adequate players and cover. We shall see!

Career Overview

Season    Team    League           Position   	FA Cup     FA Trophy    Misc        
2016/17   Buxton  Vanarama North   4th       	2nd Qual   1st Round    Playoff Finalists

Well, you have the possession and you create the chances, so that would suggest your finishing is the problem. Your attack seem to be the strongest part of your squad, but what do those forwards look like attributes-wise (apart from Hope)?

Also, what tactics do you employ? Could be the usual case of opponents reacting to your (relative) success by playing more defensively against you. In my current save, I fell just short of promotion in the first season by playing very attacking football, started the second horribly - but then switched to a more balanced tactic, everything started clicking, and I ended up winning the division...

I'm thinking more along the lines of defence issues. I'd like to shoot my keeper but I don't think I will get away with it, so I opted to sign a bunch of players my scouts think are worth it at once on bonused contracts as opposed to wages.

cJvpX2W.png

Unfortunately, it's not helping massively and we are in a relegation dog fight with 3/4 of the season gone. At the moment, I'll be happy if I can hang onto my job.

T2Xggx6.png

Buxton - Vanarama North 2017/18

Season Review

Summary 1

Summary 2

League Table - Only just managed to avoid the drop. Providing we didn't mess up and fall unlucky we'd be alright on the night. Seeing the back of this season makes me happy.

FA Trophy - Ugh. 3rd Qualifying round. Solihull Moors are quickly turning into our arch enemy.

FA Cup - I'm quite pleased with this little run. I never expected to get past Chorley but the boys pulled through. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is the highlight / only redeeming feature of this season. Not a bad little run for us and put some much needed cash in the coffers.

Squad - Well, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Transfers - Going for the "more is more" train of thought. Get lots of players on non contract contracts.. then weed out the chaffe! No, it's not personal - but you're crap. Here's your £15 appearance fee, now on your bike.

Finances - I should take shot earlier after the season has closed. You can see we only lost a relatively small amount. That's because the board keep injecting us with the monies!! If they're flush, I will spend until they're not.

The Key Three

Jonathon Thorpe - Best player on the field by far. In his good games he was amazing and in his bad games, he was still better than the average of most of the squad.

Josh Hope - Yes. Mr Hope is back again. With his composure, finishing and his age, I just want to get the ball to him. I'd prefer his physicality to be a little better but you can't have everything.

Jake Moult - Pretty much ensured our cup run was as good as it was single-handedly. Can't leave him without an accolade! Not the greatest player but his experience counts.

Summary & Next Season

This season has been a shocker. Start to finish has been one long nightmare. I've tweaked tactics, tweaked rotations, completely revamped tactics, changed the squad, played with youth, left things to gel, chopped and changed every week all to no avail. I can only think of 2 things. Either my squad is terrible (which I know is true looking at our competition), or I am terrible (which is probably also true but that's not an answer!!). If we're not back up at least challenging for the playoffs next season, I think the Mrs wants some skull shaped planters in the garden.

Career Overview

Season  	Team	League		Position	FA Cup     	FA Trophy   	Misc
2016/17   	Buxton 	Vanarama North  4th		2nd Qual   	1st Rd    	Playoff Finalists
2017/18	  	Buxton	Vanarama North	19th		1st Rd		3rd Qual

It's been a few years since I last played FM. Having a child threw a spanner in the works. However, he's now 3, grown out of the cute phase and is now more annoying than anything else, so I don't feel bad about ignoring him for the next 10 years or so

I know what you're saying about losing FM time but I wouldn't swap my near six month old daughter for anything. :)

Your drop down the table has been alarming.

Archived