[Help Needed] Regarding database options/merging..

Nick_UK1985

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the FM16 editor (not the ingame one).

So, I often use the updated databases from another site very popular in the fm community, not sure if I'm allowed to mention it... so I won't just incase..

Then when I've loaded that into the editor, I like to edit my team a bit and add a few transfers here and there when I see something in the transfer news until the next update comes out..

Basically I don't want to have to keep starting from scratch with my own changes to my own team.. e.g. squad numbers, budget management, loans etc.. When I created a separate database and tried to merge the two together, every competition had 2 winners for the previous season and it totally screwed up the competition history and didn't seem to work the way I wanted.

How does it work with having 2 or more editor files loaded into a new FM16 game? Which one takes priority if they both have similar changes? Or would it simply merge them together as it gives you the option in the editor?

Hopefully I'm explaining this right, can someone tell me if there is another way of doing this other then just getting the new database update off the other site and then starting a fresh with editing it each time?

Thanks

In my experience the best way is to add the changes to the other file you downloaded, if that contains already the same kind of changes (data updates).

Merging does only work fine if you use it with a plan, like one file for city changes, one for kit changes, one for club changes etc.

In my experience the best way is to add the changes to the other file you downloaded, if that contains already the same kind of changes (data updates).

Merging does only work fine if you use it with a plan, like one file for city changes, one for kit changes, one for club changes etc.

Yeah I know one of the database editors on the other site does this really well.. It just seems so complicated if you want to make your own changes..

as kubi says don't merge always causes issues

sometimes you don't find problems until you are well into a save

Yeah I've experienced this myself.

Any idea how it works with the editor data in the game? For example you load 2 editor files with both having changes, which one takes priority. I know both will add the changes, but what happens in those two files if for example, I edit a specific players attributes, which one would actually stick in game, or would one just overwrite the other by alphabetical order on the initial start page of the game?

When you load different custom editor files, the game does load it alphabetically. Two files with changes to the same db record the last one (alphabetical) will go into the game.

The original db will not be overwritten. The game loads the changes and creates in combination with the original db a unique db for your save.

Oh actually there is one other issue with this that I just remembered..

With using two editor files on the new game start, say I create a new file using the basic fm database and then start the game with that and the larger file from the other side, new player creations/staff ID numbers would be in conflict surely if that other editor file has created new players also.. Is there a way around this? As with what was mentioned earlier the most recent edit would take precedence.. I just don't want to screw it up.. Thanks

Archived