Learning a new position

How long does it take for a player to learn a new position normally in fm 16? I have several players who are competent in a position and I am training them in that position for 2 seasons and it does not change at all.

An amc who is competent on mc is trained as a mc for 2 seasons with no change in his ability to play the mc position. He has also been played exclusively in the mc position.

Can you not train players to be natural or accomplished in positions anymore?

• SI Staff

Hey thejay,

The progression rate of learning a new position is down to a number of factors, including playing time in that position.

However there is unfortunately an issue with position training at the moment which can cause it to stall. We are looking into this with the hope of having it resolved for a future update. Please accept my apologies if you are experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Seb.

You can use a scout programmes and see that how much a player can develop maximum. If a player originally plays on MC position that means his MC position value is 20. On the otherhand, if he has no value on other positions how much longer try him on other positions 'he does not develop'. If he has 15 value for DM position and if you try him for that position he can play for DM position competently after you trained him. You must make him to train 2,5 months and play in 10 matches your player in position that you want him to play. Lastly, i suggest you to check the compatibility your players on scout programmes. For examples: Gennie's Scout.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived