Optimum Training?

What would be the best training setup for optimum player development?

I used to have in previous versions of FM have:

General Training - Low, once tactic was fluid, scheduling set to about 10% match training.

Player Training - High

Now that it is all grouped together I'd be interested to hear what people are using.

I have decided to increase general training to average + position/role playing training which brings the overall workload to medium I then add additional focus which brings it up to heavy. I'm not really comfortable increasing to very heavy as it might bring unwanted injuries.

Again having the scheduling set to about 10% once tactic is fluid.

If players complain I ignore as I'll be using tutoring to amend personalities making them more professional. The older more senior players who complain will just have to get used to it.

This has confused me, I was always under the impression that the lower general training the more time spent on individual, which allows for better player development. If I change this general to high this increases the overall individual training workload to very heavy, which I can assume isn't a good thing leading to more injuries, no?
No.

More heavy training isn't a bad thing and doesn't really increase the risk of injury. On FM15 and before it was better to keep it on low because you off set that with the individual intensity which mean more individual focus time. However on FM16 the workloads are now combined so you can't do that. Players who complain about heavy workloads are the unprofessional types anyway, so they don't really make the most of training to begin with. If you have any of these in your side then try tutoring them to give them better personalities.

Lower workloads the less effective training is because they're not really being pushed or using training to full effect.

I posted that yesterday when you asked the question in the stupid questions thread.

So now it's still 10% or no match training and general intensity level set to heavy for optimal training.

Sorry I must of missed that, this HSV save has me obsessing. So Cleon would you never take it to very heavy? is that just an accident waiting to happen?

You could go heavy if you really wanted, however that could (*it might not but it could) be a massive gamble. Especially if injuries increased because injuries really set back player development and a 3-4 month injury can set the player back a year in development terms. Very heavy is an extreme, that's why heavy is better suited because it's very demanding yet doesn't really increase the risk levels involved compared to very heavy.

You could go heavy if you really wanted, however that could (*it might not but it could) be a massive gamble. Especially if injuries increased because injuries really set back player development and a 3-4 month injury can set the player back a year in development terms. Very heavy is an extreme, that's why heavy is better suited because it's very demanding yet doesn't really increase the risk levels involved compared to very heavy.

So just to clarify best setup is general training - balanced - intensity level - high. 10% match training. Player training: Postion/Role + additional focus = overall training workload - Heavy.

So just to clarify best setup is general training - balanced - intensity level - high. 10% match training. Player training: Postion/Role + additional focus = overall training workload - Heavy.

You've nailed it :)

So it appears that if you set general training to high, match training to 10% (first notch from left) + position/role training and individual focus, the overall training intensity is very heavy which unfortunately has resulted in some injuries, I've reduced general training to average which has reduced overall to heavy.

Is it just a coincidence though? Are the injuries sustained actual training injuries? I mean, you've changed something and got a few injuries and already assume training is to blame. You honestly shouldn't see an increase of injuries.

Well I'd assume, haven't occurred in match. Could it be facilities level or coaches ability which have had an effect on the increase maybe?

Very heavy for overall individual workload is a worry.

But that doesn't answer the question. Just because someone has got injured outside of a match, it doesn't mean it has to equal it being done by the increase in training. It's the type of injury that is important to determining the cause.

But that doesn't answer the question. Just because someone has got injured outside of a match, it doesn't mean it has to equal it being done by the increase in training. It's the type of injury that is important to determining the cause.

Well one was a double hernia and the other a thigh strain both received in training the following week that I had increased the general intensity to high. Just seems to much of a coincidence for me to continue using high.

My players overall intensity workload is still high though so I should see some development.

Archived