Lone Striker Role

At the moment I am using a edited 433 playing with 2 Inside forwards and a striker, My issue is I am having problems with correcting the right role for my striker as I would like to think they will chip in with more than the 3 goals in 10 games so far.

Just wondering if anyone could offer advice, I am playing at championship level and whereas my striker is alright and a good finisher he lacks pace above 13.

My formation is..

GK

DR - Support

DC - Defend

DC - Defend

DL - Defend

ML - IF Support

MR - IF Attack

CM - Ball Winning Mid - Defend

CM - Midfielder - Auto

CM - Support - Deep Lying Playmaker

ST -?????

Thanks in advance

Advanced Forward perhaps? It doesn't really matter though, i think that the main problem is the lack of support he has since the only player trying to get into the box is your MR (who starts from deep anyways, fast transitions wil be difficult). Your best bet with that system is having him chasing loose balls from the midfield with the hope he catches the opposition's d-line high up the pitch.

If you've got two IFs I would try a CF, DLF or Treq as you don't want them all getting in the way of each other!

Thanks mate, I have had a lot of success with the inside forwards but as my Striker is probably not good enough for complete forward I would probably be best using as you say DLF or Treq.

Would be good to know others success rate too.

As per Seb, you may wish to consider a more attacking midfield option, as support from midfield is lacking.

I would also consider changing your full backs to CWBs, with an attacking role for the one behind the IF (S). Maybe use both on attack if you're at home and favourite to win. If you do use both the n attack I would use a CM (D) and a BBM in midfield as cover.

Archived