Editing Czech League system

keysi

Hi all,

we have only 15 teams in Czech second division in 2015/216 season so there will be only one team who will be relegated to third tier. But the third tier have two division so there will be two promoted teams to the second tier next year...

Can someone help how I can set up in Editor the amount of teams which will be promoted next season?

Every time I choose the number there is error in national teams...

teams.png

If you click on "add rules to existing structure"->cz->"convert to advanced rules" you will see an odd thing: Fotbalova Narodni Liga is there three times, one "2016 normal" and TWO times "2015/16 15 teams" which seem to be identical. I assume this is a bug, I do not have the time to really check, but removing one clone of the two 15/16 FNLs at least easily went through the rules checking. So probably you'll have to remove one of these.

You might have to create two according versions for CFL/MSFL ("2016" and "2015/16"), I'm not sure though, just guessing around.

I bookmarked your blog and wish you good luck since I'm interested in that file myself;)

sometimes in various leagues it shows up twice SI offer no explanation ???

the EPL for example this year you get 2015 and 2013 ??

now if you look through them there are slight differences some are crazy like tv money in 2013 one is set at $87m per club which kicks in during 2016so why it is like that I don't know

. I have been using the AR rules for years I can do a lot with it but still cant fully explain why certain things are like this

SI do but just ignore the constant requests we make for a guide to be published

the best thing to do is as we all have had too...trial and error, and holiday files for a good few years as sometimes a bug/issues pops up several years in future:D

If I add rules to existing structure and activate the 3rd and 4th tier and I want to convert to advanced rules, it doesn't work.

And if I convert to advanced rules straight at the start I am not able to activate 3rd and 4th tier...I untick the "Inactive" icon but the liga is not activated after that...

Yes, the Editor is a beast. I've played around a little and I might have found a way or at least a few steps.

If you activate the leagues in basic mode and try to switch to advanced mode Editor will complain about wrong number of teams relegated. You have to work around that by setting promoted teams from MSFL to zero, that way you'll get to advanced rules with levels 3 and 4 already activated. You may change back later.

I haven't got the time to try further, but you may try duplicating the third division competitions in third level (probably all three) similar to the two FNLs, tick "valid years" in "general" and then above "end date" you put 2015 and in the other clone "start date" 2016. you can leave the divisions unchanged but there has to be a time limit for the atypical number of promotion/relegation places to get swallowed by the test routine.

Edit: Awww... made a simple try with only 3rd level. runs thru the test to the end, only to come up with the same §%&/$ error message we both know too well.

I guess the only way to make this mess playable (unless some genius shows up on the spot) is to put a fake team as number 16 into FNL and then leave it at that. It would not be real for the first season but maybe better than nothing.

Edit2: This keeps me from doing my real job...

I think I've found the error. "Test competition" will not even simulate the original data correctly after you hit "add leagues to existing structure" without changing anything. It seems the editor does not eat the start and end dates for a certain competition. I'm afraid there's no way around that. Might work to create rules from scratch, but that's a helluvalotta work and it's far from sure it will work any better. Shame since I always played Czech 4th level in the past 2 FMs.

Archived