Obligatory Transfers

Recently I've been seeing a lot of clubs take players on loan with the obligation to buy the player for a set fee at the end of the season. An example of this was when Valencia loaned Alvaro Negredo, they got him for the season, but then HAD to buy him for £30m for this season. There have been a few other deals like this floating around, and I was wondering if it's actually in FM15? I've never come across it, the closest thing is the option to buy fee you can include in loan deals. If it's not here, I think this would be quite a nice little clause to add in for FM16.

Thoughts?

AFAIK, it's not even legal... There's no such thing as a loan with the obligation to buy, it's just a gentleman agreement between two clubs, and a way to extend payments over multiple years.

The max allowed installments are 48 (48 months = 4 years). However, if a player is valued, say, 10M, you can do something like this: First year: Loan fee 2M (over 12 months), future transfer fee: 8M (over 48 months). So in the end you'll have 56 installments instead of 48.

So, what FM really needs is the possibility to extend payments over multiple installments also for loan fees and future transfer fees. And of course, the possibility to add bonuses and clauses.

Now that co-ownerships are gone, in Italy they invented the two-year renewable fee-paying loan deal + future fee (for the buying club) + buy back price (for the selling club). Which is not very different from a Co-ownership deal, if you know what I mean.

Not sure why they would be happeneing in real life, but to me a loan with an obligation to buy is not that much different to an immediate transfer. As sirgiorgio said, it may be a way to extend installments. It might also be a mechanism for the player to still receive their full wages but subsidised by the club that is taking them on loan/buying them.

Archived