[15.10.0b] Offer Sheet Cancelled

http://i.imgur.com/3w8343P.jpg

So this happened. I've made about 5 offer sheets for Vladar (as Vancouver) for between 2 and 3 million. He's accepted the offer sheets each time, but about a week later I get this news item saying the Av's board thinks the offer is unrealistic. As far as I know...a team can't just cancel an offer sheet offered to one of their players. A small adjustment hopefully! Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/3w8343P.jpg

So this happened. I've made about 5 offer sheets for Vladar (as Vancouver) for between 2 and 3 million. He's accepted the offer sheets each time, but about a week later I get this news item saying the Av's board thinks the offer is unrealistic. As far as I know...a team can't just cancel an offer sheet offered to one of their players. A small adjustment hopefully! Thanks.

It'll be most helpful to upload a save (probably from once the offer sheet has been accepted) so Riz can have a look

Here's the details on doing so http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/423287-FTP-Details

Sounds like what happens is the Colorado GM matches the offer, at which point the game voids your offer and replaces it with Colorado's.

Then, the board steps in and blocks the move, but by this point the game has forgotten that this should mean your initial offer must go through as an offer sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

Jdh32fx.png

I have the exact same situation, where I offered Vasilevsky 1.9m/a for 4 years. The Lightning board just blocked the whole transaction after a week.

I have a save uploaded to ftp.sigames.com/fm/game-save, with the filename Vancouver2_2.sav. When you open the game, you can see that Vasilevsky has just signed an offer sheet of 7.5m for 4 years.

Problem still exists in 15.11.0b. Tampa Bay is over the cap. Offer Sheet for young future star at 2.5m/yr. Would owe a 2nd round draft pick so I wasn't expecting to get the player. After 7 days Tampa board voids the offer sheet and does not match it either. I offered a 2nd offer sheet to the same player and exact same thing happened.

Reality would have had Tampa do a cap dump trade or place players on the waiver wire so they could match the offer. That may be difficult to code though.

• SI Staff

This is now fixed for the next update. Thank you for the reports and saved games, made it easier to nail down. The cause was some new AI that had been added in the past few months to verify offered wages against the cap room in the final stages of offers.

• SI Staff

It is dependent on the offer, but in the above cases the other team would match the offer and the player would sign back with them.

The reason it was being cancelled wrongfully in the above cases was because of some extra board checks on salary limitations that were meant only for signing free agents, not for matching offer sheets. That logic already has its own board checks to see if the team should match the offer sheet (or if they can).

Archived