Contract obsticles and nonsense

I'm trying to sign up my players to new contracts. I've a wage budget double what I'm already spending so there are no issues with money. Yet for back up players who are already on £1kpw, a new contract doesn't allow that squad status to be paid more than £600pw, and if I offer them first team status they demand wages far above their value to the club. How do I raise the back up wage limit?

Secondly, the ask player to sack agent tab. Is this fleeting? I simply will not pay agents a fee at all (I like my moral stands :D ) yet I haven't been able to locate this option, not since I asked a couple of players 18 months previous to do just that.

Any help, very much appreciated.

I'm trying to sign up my players to new contracts. I've a wage budget double what I'm already spending so there are no issues with money. Yet for back up players who are already on £1kpw, a new contract doesn't allow that squad status to be paid more than £600pw, and if I offer them first team status they demand wages far above their value to the club. How do I raise the back up wage limit?

Secondly, the ask player to sack agent tab. Is this fleeting? I simply will not pay agents a fee at all (I like my moral stands :D ) yet I haven't been able to locate this option, not since I asked a couple of players 18 months previous to do just that.

Any help, very much appreciated.

I would agree that, if a player is already on a certain wage, asking him to slash his wage nearly in half just because your board thinks a certain squad status should only be paid a certain wage seems a bit off. You ought to be able at least to keep your current players on something close to their current wage, provided of course you have the payroll budget to cover that. I could see your board saying you can only pay backups X amount when signing new players, though.

That said, if your board will only allow a certain wage for a proposed squad status, have you tried making some of it up in clauses and add-ons? Sometimes if you offer a bigger signing-on bonus or more generous performance clauses the player might accept a lower weekly wage. Not sure if that would be an effective workaround or not. Short version, though, I don't think there's a way to request a change to your board's wage limit.

As far as sacking agents, I've only ever seen this when said agent messages me saying his player needs a new contract. It may show up in that inbox message you get when you offer a contract and it falls through because you can't afford their wage demands, I can't remember though. I don't think the sack agent request is something that you can do any old time though.

Archived