Club finances at the start of the season: "Projection"

At the pre-season friendly stage (very early August in England), my “Projection” screen in the Finances section shows a forecast £2M loss come the end of the season.

What are the assumptions behind this in terms of:

1. Transfers in – I’m not planning on spending anything on transfers, so does the projection assume I’ll spend the lot (my transfer budget is considerable) during the months to come? Or is this projection based only on what I have (or in my case haven’t) spent already?

2. Salary budget – does it assume the same budget I’m spending now, or does the projection assume it’ll bump up to the max in due course, ergo, any payrise I give will increase the loss?

I think only actual SI employees will know the answers to this one.

Ta!

I think they project where you're expected to finish, and various other income that will contribute to your balance throughout the year.

Mine fluctuates pretty heavily, it's just to give you an idea of what you can or should spend.

I used to look at the projection quite a bit as I like my clubs to be making money as well as being successful, but noticed quite quickly that the projection is pretty inaccurate. Should imagine that's the case in real life too though. Too many little things that can change your financial situation month to month let alone in 12 months.

But more to answer your question it doesn't factor in budget / what you haven't spent yet. Pretty sure you'll notice a drop in the projection if you were to buy a player.

It wont factor in

Friendlies

Prize money

Extra tv revenue that is separate from the agreed league revenue deal at the start of the season.

Transfers.

Contract renewals.

Anything to do with European football cup progression

And I would assume any increase of attendances from the previous season.

Archived