Tried creating a tactic, doesn't work as expected

My team is Fortuna Dusseldorf from the second division in Germany

here are my formation and instructions:

nxna79.png

20ssy6p.png

I only scored 9 goals in 9 matches, conceded 10.

Attack is really poor. The CM's aren't as involved as I want them to be, the wingers aren't efficient. The teams doesn't really create many good chances.

Any suggestions?

Change IF on AML to Support. and LB to wing back attack. This would create overlap on the side with the WB. Creates chances for crossing etc. IF will tuck in also and score plenty since he is closer to goal with crosses coming from right side.

Fortuna is always the first team I'll try with each version of Football Manager. This club has a pretty good squad for 2. Bundesliga, this season. Just some thoughts that worked for me, but I'm no expert: I think the team is better in a 4-2DM-3-1 tactic. You could use Liendl in his preferred AMC position as Advanced Playmaker. Bellinghausen really is a perfect workhorse, you should use him in the AML position as much as possible. Another thing: Tah is a wonderkid defender. I would use him as DC, Bodzek, Lambertz, Pinto or even Avevor are good alternatives as DMC, especially if you use two DMC.

Regarding the general playing style: I would try a more direct style of play with them. Maybe even drop deeper to lure the other team in your half. They have very quick attacking players like Bolly, Bellinghausen, or Pohjanpalo, which in my opinion are best used in a quick counter-attack direct way of playing football. This works rather good with a Target Man in front of the goal, too. Additionally, try using different duties for each pair of wingers. Like AML(S)/WB(A) and AMR(A)/WB(S).

It's really fun to play Fortuna. They have a very good team for the second league, you should have no problem securing promotion in your first season. In the first league counter-attacking is even more important, as you are playing against much stronger attacking teams like Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke or Gladbach.

Archived